Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my friends in the MG Car Club, I have sinned! I puchased a 2006 Solstice last Monday. Have been wanting one since the day they came out. Momma finally let me buy one that I found for the amount I was willing to pay. The car does need a little TLC in the paint dept. but I am used to that working on old MG's and Harleys. The worst spot on the car is the front nose piece...it has generous amounts of stone chips and was poorly repainted sometime in the past. The other area of concern is the flare in front of the rear wheels...also has generous stone chips. Right now my plan is to drive the car and enjoy it. This winter I will begin to do some fix-ups. In the short time that I have had the car, I notice a lot of people looking my way. Don't really see too many running around in this area. A buddy of mine has a Sky and will be going over to his house and compare. My car did not come with an owners manual but I found a free pdf that I have downloaded. Where can I find a workshop manual for this car? I usually do most of the mechanical/body work myself...unless it is way above my head! Have been ordering some items for the car and when I get all my bills paid off, I will pay the fee to become a full member of this forum.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Welcome aboard! Front facscia is a chip magnet, as is that area in front of the rear wheels. My '06 was repainted there, and the front when I had paint work done on the hood, then 3m applied to the side areas. Plan to try plasti-dip clear to protect the front end on my 08, already have the 3m on it's rock zone by the rear wheels! Enjoy the ride!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Welcome!!!

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to replace the front fascia eventuallu on both of my Sols from being pulled up to some high-for-our-cars curbs, but I'm putting them off until the weather isn't so great. Can't seem to pry my butt from the driver's seat long enough to do the body work... :willy:

But these cars do get a lot of looks from people :cool:

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow '06
This forum will tell you all sorts of things about your car, and provide you endless ideas for mods if you're into that sort of thing. Sols and Skys are pretty scarce, so still garner attention from the public. And as you know, everybody loves a roadster on a sunny day. Enjoy the ride, don't sweat the paint too much. Splash guards are your friend if you wanna save the sides, and you can always get a Norms front end.

What color are you and where are you located?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is black with the grey and sand interior. 41,000 miles. Drives & handles nice. Had some front facia damage and the rear deck lid has been repainted, I just found out, and not very well at that. Again, no big deal to me...gives me something to do this winter. I am located in SW Ohio, just above Dayton...Englewood. Also own a '75 MG Midget that I bought new and a '79 MGB that I bought for $500 and rebuilt. My '74 HD FLH is currently for sale...gotta clear something out of my garage!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome riggs and you did not sin! For you my brother have SEEN THE LIGHT! (Can I get an amen?) lol.

It's a fun ride, isn't it? Bought an '07 N/A in March of this year. Still get a grin when I get in.

Search the forums and you'll find an answer to nearly every question you come up with.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome! Check over the forum, as stuff is for sale all the time, even the tech manuals. If you need some info quick, just post it on this forum and you will get it PDQ. Enjoy the perks of ownership and drive it like you mean it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts