1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
SistaGirrl here
Msg Part 1/2
I am in need of the driver/passenger window motors. Here in the South it is next to impossible to locate parts. *Note: I’ve not checked any of the salvage yards.
The local GMC Dealer-parts dept was able to locate a passenger window “regulatory” only for a ‘07 Sky and a ‘07 regulator/motor “set” passenger side regulator $409 and regulator/motor set $414. He’s assuming that the Sky parts will fit due to the part numbers for both cars being identical....
Msg Part 2/2
Is it possible that the window motor on other GM models would work as well? I am a true blue novice when it comes to things like this...but I try to stay informed through the awesome messages on the forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have both motors from my '07 Solstice. Complete assemblies actually. PM me and we can figure out what you need and work something out.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you have an issue with the windows going up crazy slow and a dealership told you that you have to replace the motors and the regulators don't listen to them. All that needs to be done is the regulator needs to be greased, this is something that should be done every 2-3 years otherwise you will burn up motors or break the pulleys on the regulator.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Window regulators are sealed units, I have never heard anybody doing a lube job on one but if it worked for you great.

Remember, the Solstice relied heavily on existing parts, I would bet anything that the regulator is carry over from another vehicle. BTY I just googled and found many options for regulators, OEM and aftermarket for around $100.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You might try the regulator in the chevy cobalt. they share many many parts with the solstice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts