Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gone through as many threads as I can find, haven't found an answer for an 06 specifically. Are the side Pontiac emblems adhesive only or do they have guide pins as well??

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
The L&R side '06 Pontiac Arrowhead emblems were just stuck on with tape. You can verify this by looking at the inside of the panel with the hood up. :)

I had mine replaced on my Envious vert before I traded it because they were falling off. :brentil:

Take care-Steve

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
See this:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/remove-front-side-emblems-54223/

The fender emblems are actually attached by posts that run through the fender so the holes will need to be filled as well but the fenders are rigid/metal and you won't have the same flex issue on the sieds as the front. For color blend they should paint the entire fender and possibly onto the doors even if the original paint is faded

I pulled mine off a looooong time ago but my recollection is that there were at least two holes through the fender. One was an alignment hole that fit a pin on the back side of the emblem. The other hole was larger and allowed a threaded post to go through the fender. The emblem was held on with a combination of 3M tape on the back side and one bolt / nut.

I removed mine and replaced them with an aftermarket Punisher Pontiac badge which was replaced with a painted version when the car was painted.

GTO front emblem Punisher black [GTOfrontPUNblk] - $15.00 : 24Designs.NET, We are back! New host!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
My bad - I "assumed" the GM badge. So you know what that makes me.
Nah, don't worry about it. The factory changed the side arrowhead emblems to have posts when the early units had them falling off. :brentil:

I used a crisp dollar bill to show owners that theirs were coming unglued. :thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since I always buy black I've had very good luck shaving emblems and replacing with various sizes of gloss plastic x-mass tree fasteners. From 10' away you can hardly see and if you have to go back it's simple to fix. Could try painting but durability may not be as good!

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Nah, don't worry about it. The factory changed the side arrowhead emblems to have posts when the early units had them falling off. :brentil:

I used a crisp dollar bill to show owners that theirs were coming unglued. :thumbs:
Good input.

Thanks for setting us straight. I have seen several threads on this subject but it was never clearly stated that the 06s were different from all the following years.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Guess I better check mine and make sure they are not loose.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
since we are on the same type subject, I'm missing my solstice badge. I've searched and haven't found any place that has them. Mine's missing and looks like it was never there so it eather peeled off and someone buffed it out or the rear deck has been painted. any suggestions?

Charlie

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
You mean the SOLSTICE text? Check on eBay... search for 'Solstice emblem' - I've seen them on there.

Else your dealer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys, the arrow heads are gonna be removed then...could of just lifted the hood but, it was late last night when I became curious and freezing outside. Wasn't going anywhere near the front door haha

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
TX - lotsa people deliberately de-badged their solstice logos, for that "clean" look
Mine came without the GXP badge on the rear bumper cover. The dealer ordered one and mailed it to me. It's in the parts bin.

I ordered tow sets of SOLSTICE. and. PONTIAC badges which are also in storage.

I also have two spare sets for the Sky RL

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
i got an extra set of emblems from crate engine depot. i think he stocks them.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Thanks. I looked on ebay and found one but it said they were 1in high letters and the originals were 1/2 in. I'll see if I can get it from the dealer not that I have the part number.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
My 2008 had post with the clips and the glue tape . They were a bummer to get off

1 - 20 of 20 Posts