Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am kinda taking a risk. I told my dealer today that I am opting for an 07' Turbo Solstice, and waiving my interest in my 06' aggressive coming in later this month. Please tell me: Is a Turbo model a sure thing for 07? Or, if it isn't, please tell me that it is anyway :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
well, it's not a tax and it's not death...keep your order...if the turbo comes out, you can always sell your existing sol for a good price (i would think)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes it is! Actually, it is still not known what they will be using in that version of the solstice. Plenty of topics now, especially as of late, which could suggest them leaning either way. GM has both the S/C and turbo'd version of the ecotec motor in other vehicles, so they have both technologies to choose from. I personally, would like to see a turbocharger.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ya I oped for one. I droped my name in the hat back in augest for it. My dealer told me that they would hold a 06 till January for me if i changed my mind. My goodness I love them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Gxp

OK., I tried looking this up on old threads, but no luck. SD or anyone else - how and when does one go about ordering a 2007 turbo model. I for one want to be on that list.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just tell your drealer. Thats what I did. Them where more then glad to put my name on the list.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Officially GM will not say that they are not planning on releasing a FI Solstice, but when you look at all the evidence they are. The evidence being the pictures taken of Sols that are modified with intercoolers and all the talk that is happening about it.

They probably just do not want to tip off Miata, Honda and Nissan (Primary competitors) that they are actually going to do it just yet. Also, it would make for a lot of hype if they announce it at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show as well.

This is just my 2% of one George Washington

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
No "official" word until Detroit is my best guess. Something faster is coming, but that's all we know. If they let the cat out of the bag too early, Mazda and Honda could match it in time for the 2007 release. It all you care about is more power, check out the Mallett V8. :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
Officially GM will not say that they are not planning on releasing a FI Solstice, but when you look at all the evidence they are. The evidence being the pictures taken of Sols that are modified with intercoolers and all the talk that is happening about it.

They probably just do not want to tip off Miata, Honda and Nissan (Primary competitors) that they are actually going to do it just yet. Also, it would make for a lot of hype if they announce it at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show as well.

This is just my 2% of one George Washington
Damm I type to slow. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There is ZERO official information about the existance or planned production of a Solstice GXP. Period.

·
Registered
336 Posts
brentil said:
There is ZERO official information about the existance or planned production of a Solstice GXP. Period.
I would cry if they do not release it b 07. Cause I want to be driving a solstice by Augest.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Turbo? 2007 or 2008.......

Don't expect to see the Turbo til 2007 (2008 model year). The wait and interest on the 2006/ 2007 is too strong for any changes any time soon. :yesnod:

·
Registered
990 Posts
My names on the list anyway...
At this point, either one is a figment of my imagination.

Still waiting.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Since GM has announced an F/I car yet, you may not want to but all your eggs in that basket. Even if they are, secretly, planning one for the 2007 MY, they could change their minds at any time.

ntouched. I disagree. Striking while the iron is hot is the perfect time. The car is hot because of it's styling, once that has worn off, the chance to sell F/I cars will be just as diminished as the chance to sell regular cars.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My thread got locked, so I'm hijacking this one since it's related...

Jalopnik is saying TODAY that the Solstice and Sky SPECIFICALLY have been confirmed as receiving the supercharged 2.0 via GM to Autoweek. This might be based on the old, previously discussed, article about the Opel GT, but Jalopnik is usually up to speed. So this MIGHT actually be new information and somebody should start looking for a possible new article...

:leaving:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
My thread got locked, so I'm hijacking this one since it's related...

Jalopnik is saying TODAY that the Solstice and Sky SPECIFICALLY have been confirmed as receiving the supercharged 2.0 via GM to Autoweek. This might be based on the old, previously discussed, article about the Opel GT, but Jalopnik is usually up to speed. So this MIGHT actually be new information and somebody should start looking for a possible new article...

:leaving:
I would still be VERY skeptical.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah, that's why i was requesting people to look for a new source article...

I wasn't born yesterday...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
Yeah, that's why i was requesting people to look for a new source article...

I wasn't born yesterday...
I didn't say you were born yesterday. Don't be so touchy!

The autoweek story is simply old news. Jalpnik may have just caught on today, but it's not new. The autoweek report ran Oct 6. See the link and following discussion below. (5+ pages worth)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245

·
Registered
527 Posts
ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME? WELL ARE YA!?

:lol:

sorry. Just having issues with my first locked thread....

I'll get over it eventually...

edit: and the link to the old info again? Ya think I didn't see it when my thread was locked???

Geez. I think my button was pushed and got stuck in the down position...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts