Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some trouble with my car running terribly when it's cold out. I had an engine code that basically said that the inlet air temperature(IAT) senor was faulty, as well as my MAP sensor. When I looked into it, I found that both sensors where replaced with after market Boshe multi-purpose sensors. Same unit for both sensors. In order to put these sensors on the car the previous owner (or their mechanic) cut of the factory connectors and booger spliced the Bosche plugs in.

What I'm trying to do is return the wiring harness back to factory so I can replace the factory sensors and hopefully fix the issue once and for all. I plan on doing a good job splicing back in the factory connectors. The problem I'm having is: the wire colors and where they go. The IAT has four wires, not five, and they are purple, grey, light blue and brown/orange. I just need to know which wire goes where because the replacement pig-tail I got only has white wires coming out of it. If some one could maybe tell me how to wire this plug or post a picture of the wires coming out of the IAT connector on their car that would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure this is why they traded the car in last November or December because the car ran great during the summer. I bought it late February with no issues until back in July. Now it won't run right till at least 100 to 110 degree coolant temp.
610Eap7tXRL._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
You have the factory-authorized GMPP Stage 2 tune, which includes the change to Bosch sensors. You cannot 'return to factory' since the new tune loaded on your ECM will not work correctly with the original sensors.

Everything you noted about the wiring is correct per the dealership instructions, however the "booger spliced" connections have failed with a large number of us with the tune. The solution is to (temporary fix) try to re-pinch/re-crimp those connections. Or, much better still, remove the crimps and solder the wire splices. Do this one at a time so you don't lose track of which wire goes where!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. I had considered the fact that the Bosch sensors may have been tuned into the ecu. I'm new to these cars and don't know much about the performance upgrades. Is this tune good? Are these Bosch sensors any good? How can I test the sensors to tell if they are still working? Do you happen to know the part number I need for a replacement Bosch pig-tail? I don't know thew Bosch part number off the top of my head.

It may be better to order a new pig tail for the Bosch sensor because part of the reason I waned to replace the connector was that the wires were rubbed to death by the hood strut and I will not have much other choice but to re-pin and re-wire the old Bosch connector from scratch.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
The sensors are very good - wider pressure range than the stock sensors, allowing for higher pressure boost with more headroom than stock.

Plenty to read on the GMPP (GM Performance Parts) tune in these fora. It was one of the first tunes available, and the only one with factory warranty.

The following thread was my experience, years ago, with tips on removing the pins from the connectors (note you'll have to join the forum (free) and be logged in to see the pics). There are also links to buying the connectors in reply posts further down: http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,7465

You can also educate yourself more on the tune from this selection of threads: https://www.google.com/search?q=solstice+gmpp+tune+site:www.solsticeforum.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts