Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Last night the car suddenly started idling rough. I was close to home so I drove there, parked, and hoped the problem would go away. This morning the idle was still rough (feels like a misfire) and the CEL came on. Tested it and got a P0017 code, but no P0016. I've done a lot of searching and it seems like there are quite a few things that could be wrong. I cleaned the MAF sensor (it was very dirty) but that didn't fix the problem. As of right now I'm leaning towards it being a problem with the crankshaft solenoid actuator valve or whatever it's called, but I figured I'd check with you guys before ordering the part. If I do end up going that route, the best resource I've found is for the HHR 2.4: here.

Is this going to be sufficient to guide me through the process? Also, is there something else I could try before replacing this part? Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: just drove about fifteen minutes to a friend's house and the problem has vanished. Car started fine and idled normally until it reached operating temp, at which point the rough idle returned. By the time I reached my destination though, all was well again. Will update when I start it again tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts