Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

07 Solstice has a LNF Turbo Up grade Kit was running great.

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The_Ghost 
#1 ·
Last week we took a ride and I stepped on it hard in second gear shifting at about 5K to third. Car went to Engine Reduce Power and was limited to 2000 rpm.
The LNF kit has a No Lift Shift Feature with some other features.
A code reader shows two codes
P0087 and P0089.
I am looking for some ideas since I can hear a noise like a Stuck lifter.
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks
Joe

#2 ·
Those are fuel pressure codes, so you may have lost the High Pressure Fuel Pump. How many miles are on the engine?
The sound is consistent also, although there is always some ticking from that pump. I assume that it is now louder than it was.

Reactions: ChrisBlair
#4 ·
Check your oil too just for grins as well. Some have found that their HP fuel pump was leaking gas into the oil upon failure. Not a sure thing but an oil change after the HP pump change should ensure no issues going forward.

#5 ·
Don't drive the car with the HPFP failed as it can cause a lean run condition which can be very bad. Ours failed at 24k miles and it went into the same mode.

#9 ·
Last week we took a ride and I stepped on it hard in second gear shifting at about 5K to third. Car went to Engine Reduce Power and was limited to 2000 rpm.
P0087 and P0089.
Thanks
Joe
It’s your high pressure fuel pump. Same thing happened to mine exactly like yours at 50000 RPM shifting to second and about 23000 miles. Looks like GM blew the design. If you remove the pump you will find the thing stuck. Must replace it and the steel pipe that connectors to it. A GM pump is around $750 just for the part.
P0087 and P0089.
Thanks
Joe

#10 ·
A bad HPFP can also cause a rich condition. It can leak excess fuel into the crankcase and wash the cylinder walls. I had backfiring while it gear when mine went. Smell your oil...does it smell like raw fuel???

Go to ZZPerformance for the part. They're $199 brand new take-offs. It's pretty cut and dry to replace it. I have a write up on how to do it here somewhere. If you're interested, drop me a PM and I can try to find the post...it has pics too!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.