Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my beautiful 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. When I opened the middle dual cupholder, it wouldn't shut.
Could it be the mechanism inside that holds it shut that fell out?
Also I found a loose rubber ring under the tray that slides out. I managed to pull it out. It doesn't shut any differently, it just keeps sliding back out.

-Any help appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Not seen this one before, but you'll probably have to dismantle the interior and get the waterfall panel out to check the mechanism from the rear. Sorry.

To get the waterfall out:
1. Pop up the sill covers
2. Slide the seats all the way forward and tilt the seatbacks forward too.
3. Pop off the 3/4 panels - be careful and gentle, there's an inner panel welded to the outer and it's been know to break that weld if handled roughly.
4. Pop off the waterfall panel all around. Again be careful that you don't lose any of the clips (I found one of mine in the far diagonal corner of the garage once, after about 2 hours searching :))

Then you can lift out the panel and remove or just look at the cupholder - it's held on to the waterfall with just a single screw at the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not seen this one before, but you'll probably have to dismantle the interior and get the waterfall panel out to check the mechanism from the rear. Sorry.

To get the waterfall out:
1. Pop up the sill covers
2. Slide the seats all the way forward and tilt the seatbacks forward too.
3. Pop off the 3/4 panels - be careful and gentle, there's an inner panel welded to the outer and it's been know to break that weld if handled roughly.
4. Pop off the waterfall panel all around. Again be careful that you don't lose any of the clips (I found one of mine in the far diagonal corner of the garage once, after about 2 hours searching :))

Then you can lift out the panel and remove or just look at the cupholder - it's held on to the waterfall with just a single screw at the back.
Thanks. After playing with it for a while, I figured out that if I push up on the cupholder right before it shuts, it stays in place. And I have to push down on it a little when opening it back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts