Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
the fix for your brakes from a tech who wns/fixed 1!

ok guys just got on the forum and cannot believe there are still people with this problem. quick background i am a certified gm technician who also is engaged to the owner of a solstice gxp. first time i felt the brakes on a cold start i damn near drowned in disbelief after some well placed calls and a few days i had what gm is calling the brake retrofit package. it seems that the early 08 models would run out of vacuum for the brakes on cold start due to cam timing. the later 08 models have a vacuum pump to assist brakes when vacuum is low but the early ones did not the reprogram just adjusts the valve timing at cold start in a marginal attempt to make this preoblem better. for those who want it fixed the awnser is to call the gm hotline explain that it has been in several times for the concern and that you are unsatisfied with the safety of the brakes and that you are aware of a brake retrofit to correct this concern and would like it done to your car. youllbe glad you did. it does work. sorry if this info is elsewhere on the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Braking Problem

I have the same Brake problem on my 2008 GXP. when I firwst start it up and back up out of my garage the brakes feel like there not working properly. Then after I start to go forward it seems to work ok. I am going to take it back and hopefully they will fix this problem... Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
14 Posts
oil change

Hello Solstice owner. I wanted to know when I should have my oil changed.
I bought my 2008 GXP from a dealer back in July and now have 17,200 miles. I have about 70% oil life to date as what the computer is indicating. I know there is synthetic oil used. I also know it’s six months or six thousand miles with synthetic blend like Mobil 1. Should I wait to reach a certain mileage, months or when the life percentage reaches a certain percentage? I am also concerned with the colder months arriving.

Thanks for your input. Happy Holidays.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
My GXP has had the update and it still has the problem. When starting up in the morning I can tell if there will be brakes or not just by listening to the tone of the exhaust. When there is low vacuum / no brakes the exhaust has a very low tone. When there is sufficient vacuum the tone goes up and it idles smoother too. I have had other cars with a turbo and they did not have this problem.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts