Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger tomorrow on a 08 Base with 44k miles at a Dealer. The 'CarFax' shows me it's DNA which is below. I would like to have your opinion. Thanks
3 Owners 1st drove approx 7,400 a year
2nd " " 4,400 "
3rd " " 843 "

On 6/2010 Had remote replaced.
On 11/2011 Had Stabilizer Bar Bushings replaced. @29K miles
On 08/2013 Had Camshaft Position Sensor Replaced @36K miles
On 08/2013 Had rear Brakes Replaced @36K miles
On 03/2015 Had Ignition Lock Cylinder replaced.
On 05/2016 Had Serpentine Belt Replaced @41K miles

What do you think?

On 03/2018 Had Passenger Presence Sensor Reinforcement installed

·
Super Moderator
6,496 Posts
Remote replacement was likely a broken clip that is pretty common.
Stabilizer bar bushings were probably squeaking. An annoyance but not a problem.
Camshaft sensor is unusual, it is usually a solenoid that causes the problem.
Rear brake replacement seems awfully early.
Ignition lock cylinder replacement was probably the GM-wide recall.
Serpentine belt is early for miles, but not for age.

I don't see anything alarming, my guess is a couple of finicky non-mechanical owners.

If it is a GM dealer you should ask for a service history to see what they have.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Camshaft sensor is unusual, it is usually a solenoid that causes the problem.

Rear brake replacement seems awfully early.
Camshaft sensor on my '07 was just replaced at around 78k miles and it fixed the code. Maybe this car's was dirty due to limited driving? Dunno.

Agreed the rear brake replacement seems way early. Maybe someone had a bad habit of not releasing the parking brake all the way?

Agree with all of John's statements - just offering a couple of possible explanations.

·
Super Moderator
6,496 Posts
Camshaft sensor on my '07 was just replaced at around 78k miles and it fixed the code. Maybe this car's was dirty due to limited driving? Dunno.

Agreed the rear brake replacement seems way early. Maybe someone had a bad habit of not releasing the parking brake all the way?

Agree with all of John's statements - just offering a couple of possible explanations.
Those both make sense.

Another possibility for the brakes is that they were squealing a bit, as my NA brakes do on occasion, so the finicky owner had them changed even though they weren't worn excessively.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Those both make sense.

Another possibility for the brakes is that they were squealing a bit, as my NA brakes do on occasion, so the finicky owner had them changed even though they weren't worn excessively.
Great point! Like when I wash mine in the garage and the discs rust up like mad over night . . . noisy as heck as I back out of the driveway until the pads scrub them clean after the first few times I apply the brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
... just don't be one of the people that pays $12k for an NA.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Well, sorry if that was offensive. Around here you can get two NAs for that price. My '06 was less than $7k, out the door, in pristine condition with a clean title and 30k miles, in 2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts