Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading tire posts about replacing old tires, decided to check those on my 08 GXP, and the 2 stock Goodyear tires on the driver's side the DOT date code is blank! While the 2 on the right side have the code 3707 which seems right as the GXP was made 11/07. The other Codes M6A9-E8DR all match. Info on the web says:
-------
Seeing an incomplete DOT number?
If you look at the tires sidewall and see a DOT number that appears to be incomplete, that's because the DOT's current regulations require the entire number to be branded on only one sidewall, while the opposite sidewall is branded with just the first few digits. To see the entire DOT number, just look on the other sidewall.
------
Should I assume they are all the same age, and ... Yikes, at approaching 10 years old I will definitely replace them next Spring after wintering over in the garage here in Colorado.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
3707 would indicate the 37th week of 2007.
Age related tire degradation is primarily attributed to ultraviolet exposure. Garaged vehicles (and tires) are less susceptible.

·
Registered
189 Posts
my early 07's look so good I'm torn on what to do. They are garage kept and rotated during the winter. No weather checking anywhere and still not to the tread bars at just under 40k miles. I know they aren't quite as grippy so they're probably a little drier, but I'm not doing track day stuff with them, either. Not sure what I'll do this Spring.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
I think about the risk of having one of them fail and damage the car or worse a person vrs the cost of replacing them with known good tires. Which I why I bought new tires.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
I just changed out my 08 oem tires with 30k miles on them
last week - for Continental DWS ( all season ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts