Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 solstice that recently has been tugging randomly (and I do stress randomly) left and right especially when I hit small bumps in the road at any speed. The tire pressure is fine. And its not alignment because its not pulling one way or another constantly.
please help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found something...
So after taking the passenger wheel off I found that after my dealership worked on my car they forgot to tighten all the bolts that hold in the front wheel bearing... so two out of 3 where left and the remaining 2 I took off by hand. Bearing is still fine but the abs sensor is torn to bits.
Lets say I'm not happy

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
That has happened to a few people 'naturally'. Some cars the bolts just come loose, apparently.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What dealer did you go to Frisos1? Would you like for me to call them or submit a dealer complaint on your behalf? Please PM me if you would like my assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet customer Care

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,478 Posts
Found something...
So after taking the passenger wheel off I found that after my dealership worked on my car they forgot to tighten all the bolts that hold in the front wheel bearing... so two out of 3 where left and the remaining 2 I took off by hand. Bearing is still fine but the abs sensor is torn to bits.
Lets say I'm not happy
At about $250 per corner, plus installation, I'd be a bit disgruntled if my dealer screwed up like that. There are a number of threads on this forum about checking those bolts if you drive aggressively at autocross, but none about a dealer messing them up. Just a "for what it's worth".

:cuss:

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is the small chance your car is still covered under the 5 year 50,000 mile powertrain warranty. Maybe...?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Good thing nothing was rubbing along with the tugging and that there was a happy ending. :leaving:

As others have said, it's not unusual for those bolts to come loose on their own with a lot of aggressive driving.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
If your dealership worked on that area of the car and had that apart for any reason, I'd have taken pictures and shown up the very second the service department opened the next morning!

This should NOT be your nickel to repair - IF the dealership had it apart.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I never had the dealer do anything to my front end. So every time I change the oil I make sure the bolts are tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts