Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The autoweek article stated that the 0-60 would be 7.2 seconds. Does anyone know how fast that would be in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
172 Posts
jeff8588 said:
my car and driver said that the time in the 1/4 mile is 13.2 at 134 mph. but that is also the supercharged version
dude, I think that must be a misprint.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
gmcsierra2002 said:
The autoweek article stated that the 0-60 would be 7.2 seconds. Does anyone know how fast that would be in the 1/4 mile.
Most estimates right now are guessing mid 7's to 60 and mid 15's quarter mile. Based on the power and weight of the car, that sounds about right. Time will tell, since gearing in the trans and the final weight of the production car will need to be taken into account.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jeff8588 said:
my car and driver said that the time in the 1/4 mile is 13.2 at 134 mph. but that is also the supercharged version

Car and Driver must have hit the NOS just before getting to the end of the 1/4

:thumbs

·
Registered
281 Posts
61BelAir said:
Car and Driver must have hit the NOS just before getting to the end of the 1/4

:thumbs
ahh ****. i should have read this closer. the 13.2 would be about right but the MPH is waaay off. oops. :lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bizz said:
ahh ****. i should have read this closer. the 13.2 would be about right but the MPH is waaay off. oops. :lol

the ion redline has gotten a top time of 15.0 in the 1/4, still in the break in period, which has an electronic break in period that keeps the rev limiter lower until it is over. i think that the solstice will easily break into the high 14's stock with a good driver, and a well broken in engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Being that the solstice is meant to be a sports car straight line ability to me would be secondary to how it handles. If the car can't turn, then it doesn't matter how fast it is. Besides a little well spent money in the aftermarket could add a little HP. Know what I mean jelly bean?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I would think it would be hard for Car and Driver, or anyone else to speculate on how fast a future Solstice with a higher output motor will be, since we don't know what that motor is yet. There are rumors, possibly the S/C motor out of the Ion, or a larger displacement S/C Ecotes, there are some that say GM is working on a turbo Ecotec. With the base motor in the 15's, I suppose something in the 14's at a minimum would be a safe bet. Anything faster, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Handling is propably the most important aspect, but a cars handling through a turn is also influenced by engine power. Maybe exact 1/4 mile times are not important, but it sure is nice to have enough power on tap to modulate understeer/oversteer through a corner! :cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts