Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called the above number and I got a guy from G.M. to take down my VOM, my name, my dealer, and my address, He had to put me on hold twice, But came back with a real surprise. I didn't make the first 1000 back in april, (I knew that). But I did make it into the first 1100. What a rush when he told me my Sol. had been built, Gave me the VIN #. And told me it was on it's way.

I felt like a 10 year old kid at Christmas.

At 49 years old I really feel like a kid again. The phone number has been posted on here for awhile. I thought what the heck, I would try it.

My dealer figured I would find out when or before he did. He told me I should see my Aggressive red Solstice in about 10 days from the date they gave me.(9-2005)

Maybe next week I will finally get to drive, and own a car that has changed my view on what I have been waiting for in a car for more than 25 years.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!! Thanks for all the info you have provided. I probably would'nt be where I am today, without all of you, and this great Forum.

Aggressive, Convenience package, Air Conditioning, 5 speed.. Mitch :willy: :yesnod: :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, Mitch!! :willy:

:cheers: :party: :willy: :cheers: :thumbs: :yesnod: :party:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Mitch that's great news. :thumbs:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrads Mitch,
I'm excited for you.maybe we'll meet on the Maine roads sometime.I live in Farmington,ordered my mysterious 04/15 so hope to see it soon too.
ENJOY THE RIDE

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Mitch, Great news! Enjoy your Solstice. I'm glad you stuck it out, and that now your patience and fortitude will be rewarded! :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Congrats :thumbs: Looks like you will get a little top-down fun before the weather turns too cold!

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MITCH said:
I called the above number and I got a guy from G.M. to take down my VOM, my name, my dealer, and my address, He had to put me on hold twice, But came back with a real surprise. I didn't make the first 1000 back in april, (I knew that). But I did make it into the first 1100. What a rush when he told me my Sol. had been built, Gave me the VIN #. And told me it was on it's way.

I felt like a 10 year old kid at Christmas.

At 49 years old I really feel like a kid again. The phone number has been posted on here for awhile. I thought what the heck, I would try it.

My dealer figured I would find out when or before he did. He told me I should see my Aggressive red Solstice in about 10 days from the date they gave me.(9-2005)

Maybe next week I will finally get to drive, and own a car that has changed my view on what I have been waiting for in a car for more than 25 years.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!! Thanks for all the info you have provided. I probably would'nt be where I am today, without all of you, and this great Forum.

Aggressive, Convenience package, Air Conditioning, 5 speed.. Mitch :willy: :yesnod: :cool:
Congrats !! But My dealer was told they aren't going to send any zz,fm's or first allocation untill first or second week oct., but they told him to check last week of sept in case they go out a little early. but they are almost here!! Hopefully mine will get here fast , in ct and only about 61/2 hrs away should go by truck only.

:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mitch ---Post your VIN

Mitch whats your VIN? The highest so far is 01292

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great news Mitch! :willy:

We are are getting real close....

:cool:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
WOW. mine is 1146 and my dealer said it was coded as in transit on Monday.

I called the bank yesterday to get the paperwork ready.

I can't beleave they would hold the cars back. I think we will see them within the next two weeks.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
kenf said:

I can't beleave they would hold the cars back. I think we will see them within the next two weeks.
I need to call in to get my status on the transportation of my car. I'll either call tonight or wait till tomorrow to find out what my status code is now. Since my VIN was below yours 1068 and made on Thur the previous week mine might have been considered shipped out too. If my car gets here before the end of Sept I think I'll be extremely shoked. I'm actually hoping it doesn't come till after Oct 6th though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Die-cast Solstice?

Has anyone recieved their Die-Cast Solstice with their car as we were told? Have not heard anything about them? :confused:
Was it the same color as your car?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
kenf said:

First of all, congrats on getting your VIN # and production code info so quickly. Many of us 1st 1K folks couldn't believe they'd hold cars back, either ... but they have. There are still a number of us who haven't received our cars and have been told they are built, through QC and ready to ship. Mine's been in that state for two weeks now, after being built around 8/19. Now, don't get me wrong, I think we all (not just 1st 1Ks) should get our cars as soon as possible. But Pontiac and this whole promotion have set certain expectations, and, above all, that is what has us frustrated and confused. :willy:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Brentil:
My car was shipped on 9/6 and is schedule to arrive in Florida on the last week of September, so I would think yours will be arriving in October.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Dealer Told Me It Takes Approx. 10 Days After It Was Completed To Reach Maine. I Hope So!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Brentil:
My car was shipped on 9/6 and is schedule to arrive in Florida on the last week of September, so I would think yours will be arriving in October.
Sa-weet!!!

I've got a very strict timeframe I want mine delivered. Oct 7th is the exact day I want it to arrive. My GM points accumilate on Oct 6th, and Oct 8th is the Mazda Zoom Zoom Live and I want to drive up in my Solstice. :D

Defintely let me know when you get your car, hoping it'll be a good guideline for when my car will arrive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts