Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The forum is very interesting...but can be a bit difficult to take everything in just the first day of viewing......Well I ordered mine Oct 22nd...I am thrilled to read all the positive comments, specifically the ones in possesion....I'm hoping someone can tell me what the order codes mean and how to research them.....I'm am hoping to get mine by April 1st after all the slush is gone. I also wonder if someone can help me locate a picture of a Sly Sol in a country setting with an old barn in background.. It was so nice but I cannot find again.

Well thanks in advance, hope my first posting works out.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Have you checked through the gallery?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Editguy said:
Have you checked through the gallery?

Yes I have scanned for a day or so....I may have seen this particular picture outside this forum, but it looked like someone's own pic not an advertisement. I just want it for my office computer wallpaper.

Thx

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
slyinginwait said:
Yes I have scanned for a day or so....I may have seen this particular picture outside this forum, but it looked like someone's own pic not an advertisement. I just want it for my office computer wallpaper.

Thx
I seem to remember having seen pics like that to. It might have been posted in a thread. You could try doing a search for Sly pics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Editguy said:
I seem to remember having seen pics like that to. It might have been posted in a thread. You could try doing a search for Sly pics.

I will try that search again...thx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLSTZ06 said:
We're having a meet and greet on November 12th, there will be atleast
5 cars.....where is Lasalle?

Windsor Ontario!

·
Registered
405 Posts
we do have someone driving in from Windsor?
The event is in Carlisle, 10 min south of the 401 down Hwy#6 South

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the offer...I will probably wait for my car before attending any events...thx (like your plate ....did you have any difficulty getting the one u wanted)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too live in LaSalle, although I have posted as from Windsor since no-one seems to have heard of our town (usually think it's Quebec). We ordered our aggressive Sol October 5 and sure hope it is here for the spring. We ordered from Jerome Taylor. So far have only seen one on the road (actually in the GM Trans parking lot) with no plate on the front and am planning on doing the same. We may have to have a get together in sunny southern Ontario. The race is on to see who gets theirs first! Good Luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
nice to hear from LaSalle Ontario

mr omaha said:
I too live in LaSalle, although I have posted as from Windsor since no-one seems to have heard of our town (usually think it's Quebec). We ordered our aggressive Sol October 5 and sure hope it is here for the spring. We ordered from Jerome Taylor. So far have only seen one on the road (actually in the GM Trans parking lot) with no plate on the front and am planning on doing the same. We may have to have a get together in sunny southern Ontario. The race is on to see who gets theirs first! Good Luck!
Great to hear about your purchase....ordered my Sly Oct 22nd......I did get to see a few Sol's before my purchase. I am a Customs Broker, and a client of mine brought one in for a photo shoot so I went down to customs at 3 am in the morning just to get the sneak preview, wife thought I was nuts!...and I also saw a few others at Jerome Taylor. I'm hoping for April 1st...it's going to be a long winter reading all the warm weather stories from our southern friends. I also plan to dump the front plate... and will advise the dealer not to mount or drill any holes. I read in one of the threads of an aftermarket "flip" bracket....that may be the answer if it doesn't ride too low when extended....otherwise I will risk it......I will be very interested to see when your Sol arrives because hopefully mine won't be far behind.... good luck....

SLYINGINWAIT

·
Registered
496 Posts
southern Ontario

mr omaha said:
I live in Tecumseh and have had my Sol since Sept 27th.
If you don't want to wait until Spring, there are cars around
but you have to look and may have to travel out of town to get one now.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
slyinginwait said: "help me locate a picture of a Sly Sol in a country setting with an old barn in background."

Since you live in Canada, perhaps this one would be so much more enjoyable:

Cute name, by the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heres hoping i can make it with my Sol Black 2tone most all the bells and whistles was built October 17 and is hoping for a delivery date on or before Nov 12.....my contact at GM has given me some hope that it will be. I live in Kitchener Ontario work at Pearson International....darn i wish they moved the Sol as fast as they move the Dodge Chargers must see 10 trucks every day on the way into work heading west..........GM come on boys start moving these cars.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Top Less said:
Heres hoping i can make it with my Sol Black 2tone most all the bells and whistles was built October 17 and is hoping for a delivery date on or before Nov 12.....my contact at GM has given me some hope that it will be. I live in Kitchener Ontario work at Pearson International....darn i wish they moved the Sol as fast as they move the Dodge Chargers must see 10 trucks every day on the way into work heading west..........GM come on boys start moving these cars.
well, car or not, you should come!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have contacted a number of dealers in SW Ontario and there were cars available but not exactly the way I wanted it and I would just be storing it until spring anyhow. So I will have to live vicariously through those who do have their cars and live in an area where they can drive year round. It is going to be a very long winter but with something great to look forward to!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mr omaha said:
I have contacted a number of dealers in SW Ontario and there were cars available but not exactly the way I wanted it and I would just be storing it until spring anyhow. So I will have to live vicariously through those who do have their cars and live in an area where they can drive year round. It is going to be a very long winter but with something great to look forward to!
Cars available? Like, in the showroom and not sold?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts