Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand my GXP stock wheels are 18x8.
I understand the offset to be 55mm.
I am riding on 245/45/18 pilot sport a/s plus tires.
What will 20x8.5 wheels with a 38mm offset do to my tire/wheel with respect to my wheel well???
my understanding is the new 38mm offset will push the tire/wheel out 17mm further, and the new 8.5 wheel is wider too.

in order to keep the same wheel height as my 245/45/18 I can do a 245/35/20...but I have a problem, the 20's are 8.5 wide with a 38mm offset, but I must have them. Please help me! And thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had this exact set up with my last Solstice. I had 20x8.5" American Racing rims with 245/35 tires on them and the 38mm offset. The wheels fit fine inside the wheel wells. The rears are nice and flush with the rear fenders. The only problem I had was after I lowered my car with Eibach sportline springs. The 38 offset combined with the lowering made the inside of the tires rub up against the fender well. So if you do not lower your car, you will be fine.

My new car now has 45mm offset with 20x8.5" rims. This is the ideal offset for this width and rim size if you decide to lower your car. My new GXP is now lowered with Sprintline springs and NO rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just who I was hoping to hear from!

Thank you so much RedDevil! I had read your post about the rubbing issue and it was driving me crazy wondering if you had that problem after you lowered or just with that wheel size in general. You have sincerely given me peace of mind about my new wheel choice! Thanks a million :)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Thank you so much RedDevil! I had read your post about the rubbing issue and it was driving me crazy wondering if you had that problem after you lowered or just with that wheel size in general. You have sincerely given me peace of mind about my new wheel choice! Thanks a million :)
Just make sure you get an alignment after you are done with the new wheels being installed.:yesnod:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had this exact set up with my last Solstice. I had 20x8.5" American Racing rims with 245/35 tires on them and the 38mm offset. The wheels fit fine inside the wheel wells. The rears are nice and flush with the rear fenders. The only problem I had was after I lowered my car with Eibach sportline springs. The 38 offset combined with the lowering made the inside of the tires rub up against the fender well. So if you do not lower your car, you will be fine.

My new car now has 45mm offset with 20x8.5" rims. This is the ideal offset for this width and rim size if you decide to lower your car. My new GXP is now lowered with Sprintline springs and NO rubbing issues at all.
hey reddevil,

i tried pming you about some questions i had on wheels but it doesnt let me pm you for some reason.

do you mind emailing me kevinfraga2323 at gmail.com (had to write it like that for spammers)

thanks

-Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts