·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I see where u are coming from. Saturn needs a revamped logo. An aggressive one if you ask me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
And....what's the difference between that and Pontiac's?? Cooler Logo??? WTH???

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
LatinGod said:
The pontiac waterfall actually flows down towards the honeycomb grill, whereas the Saturn logo looks like a big block between the grills.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LatinGod said:
I was also referring to the heritage. IMHO, the Pontiac lineage is full of vehicles that are strong and well liked. Can you say that about the Saturn brand? I own a VUE, sold Saturns for years, took the plant tour and still...cant help but think of them as anything but inexpensive plasticy cars. Again..just my opinion!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm guilty of that.

That's not the only reason I'm turned off by the Sky, but it's one of about three things. that logo hits me in the face every time I see it.

...and yes, the Pontiac logo is cooler, and fits MUCH better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i absolutely LOVE the look of the sky, i think that car is very well designed, and looks amazing, even to the point of looking better than the sol. that being said i am not buying it for the same reasons as stated. i don't like that logo or what it stands for, which is cheep plastic crappy econo cars. that and i am a loyal fan to the Pontiac brand being that my first car was a Pontiac Fiero, and it was an excellent car, in fact i currently own 2 of them!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
deepdawg said:
I was also referring to the heritage. IMHO, the Pontiac lineage is full of vehicles that are strong and well liked. Can you say that about the Saturn brand? I own a VUE, sold Saturns for years, took the plant tour and still...cant help but think of them as anything but inexpensive plasticy cars. Again..just my opinion!
I guess you forgot about the Fiero(plastic body) and the last generation Firebird and T/A(plastic front fenders and door panels)

·
Registered
928 Posts
"the logo is just so weird looking" "pontiac's is cool"

you guys sound like a bunch of chicks.

I mean honestly, IN MY LIFETIME, Pontiac has been a joke. Born in 81, I grew up on classics and always love classic Poncho power, I actually am working on restoring my late grandfathers 63 Catalina. But since 71 can you give me a good pontiac? I can't think of one, the classic 88 bonneville? or a grand am? How about a sunbird. I don't want to hear about the ls1 era firebird because granted it has a great engine/tranny, its got mullet all over it and the same chassis as the 82.

Saturn on the other hand has really surprised me. We have had 3 in my family and if they kept making the SC2 I would buy another one. I am not saying its a great name plate, but I think in the last 15 years, it definitely represents quality and style over anything Pontiac has done.

But maybe you like body cladding? I don't know.

In closing. Everyone I tell about the solstice says, "ya, but its still a pontiac"

It might be a generation thing, People still remembering the first time they saw the first firebird or GTO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey!!!! FIERO ROCKS!!!! .... not!!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
silversolstice said:
But since 71 can you give me a good pontiac? I can't think of one, the classic 88 bonneville? or a grand am? How about a sunbird.
Have you ever owned or driven any of these cars? My ex-husband had a 1990 Grand Am with the Quad 4 engine. It was a great car. I also love the 1999 Grand Prix that I currently own, and plan to keep it as my daily driver, in addition to my Sol. I also really like the current Grand Prix as well. If they still make them in a few years when I need to replace my GP, I'll definitely be getting one. But that's my personal taste.

When it comes right down to it, its all a matter of taste. So buy the car you want, who cares what everyone else thinks? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
just my little $0.02, but GM quad 4's are definitely top 3 of all time useless badly made motors...during highschool i worked in the service centre at a canadian tire and saw many, many quad 4's with cracked heads, various repetitive motor problems, cooling system problems, etc. (sidenote: 3.4L that were in lumina's are also in that top 3 list).

with that said, in my opinion (as a kid born in '80), I've never really seen a pontiac manufactured that has appealed to a large demographic, garnering respect as a "cool" or "hot" car across the board. any semi-popular car that has been produced under that brand has always been only popular with certain niche groups. how often do you see people turn heads when a firebird drives by...maybe during the first week the last production style came out with the giant ram air hood.

i think its great that the Sol was put into production - starting the process of reworking the pontiac brand (and GM in general with it).

·
Registered
8 Posts
and yes, i'm 100% with the majority of you, i love the look of the sky, but when i see that gross saturn logo all over it turns me off completely...i'd have the dealer strip the badges before delivery....regardless of the fact that the car looks great, i wouldn't be able to handle the constant torment from my friends saying "ya man, it looks ok...but come on, its just a saturn"

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blunt said:
just my little $0.02, but GM quad 4's are definitely top 3 of all time useless badly made motors...during highschool i worked in the service centre at a canadian tire and saw many, many quad 4's with cracked heads, various repetitive motor problems, cooling system problems, etc. (sidenote: 3.4L that were in lumina's are also in that top 3 list).

with that said, in my opinion (as a kid born in '80), I've never really seen a pontiac manufactured that has appealed to a large demographic, garnering respect as a "cool" or "hot" car across the board. any semi-popular car that has been produced under that brand has always been only popular with certain niche groups. how often do you see people turn heads when a firebird drives by...maybe during the first week the last production style came out with the giant ram air hood.

i think its great that the Sol was put into production - starting the process of reworking the pontiac brand (and GM in general with it).
:agree: Keeping with that thought...have you ever seen a Saturn turn heads aside from when they first came out in 1990? I sold them then and they were probably the best car for the $10k range. But, for me, and many others it seems...the Saturn nameplate will have to grow out of its initial market image as a cheap American alternative for import buyers. I think the Sky will help, I just cant buy one myself.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
deepdawg said:
I think it's rediculous that so many people think that you meant you won't get the Sky because the Saturn LOGO looks bad. Do you people not understand that he is not talking about the emblem, but the entire BRAND?!

Come on now think about that for a second.

Like when I say "Oh, well I'll never buy an S2000 because of this:"

How many of you are seriously gonna think "well what's wrong with the Honda logo, it's just a standard H, I don't think they could make it any better... yada, yada..." ??? NO! I mean I don't want and S2000 because I can't stand Honda PERIOD! (I don't personally have anything against the S2000, I am just making an example. I really like the S2K, but I have had a crappy Honda experience with a Civic)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
tednelson83 said:
i absolutely LOVE the look of the sky, i think that car is very well designed, and looks amazing, even to the point of looking better than the sol. that being said i am not buying it for the same reasons as stated. i don't like that logo or what it stands for, which is cheep plastic crappy econo cars.
:agree: totally!

I wouldn't say it looks BETTER than the Solstice, but it does look awesome in it's own way.

However, with that being said... I too dislike the Sky simply because on of the worlds top Sh*tbox car makers has to release it under there name. Yes it's gonna do wonders for Saturn and yes I know their plan is to ramp saturn up the luxury line right under Caddy, but for the Kappa brotherhood... releasing the Sky under ANY other GM name would have been better!

As was said before the Saturn logo also doesn't flow well. With all the angles and edges and points on this front end, it would so obviously look better with a Pontiac logo on it.

Now tell me the truth, how many of you [Saturn fans] would much rather buy THIS over a SATURN Sky?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Saturn is for the Bourgeois aka the French Middle Class! :lol:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I loved teh S series, but now Saturn is just another GM clone. I don't care for the SKy's design compared to the classic solstice lines.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE. I hate having these lame discussions. I want to start complaining about, doing too many burnouts and what tires to buy? What Exhaust is better?

These GM goones really got me into this car way too early.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The saturn logo...

I just realized and I may be slow, but what I just thought was a variation on the cursive letter S is also two eliptical rings symbolizing the rings of Saturn. Interesting. I like astronomy but I have to admit Saturn does not have a ledgend behind it and there for does not apeal to me as a brand but I really do like the look of the SKY.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts