Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and did not see anything like it.

I found several ads for Solstices on Ebay for $10,000 US. Whats up with that? Some sort of scam? Just phishing for credit information?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
tmpafford said:
I did a search on this and did not see anything like it.

I found several ads for Solstices on Ebay for $10,000 US. Whats up with that? Some sort of scam? Just phishing for credit information?

havent looked at ebay for a while..you sure that wasnt for the right to buy the car..plus the cost of the vehicle??

·
Registered
191 Posts
I looked at it.... didn't explain very much but I also think that was for the deposit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the interesting parts of the ad:

THIS IS SOLSTICE #0175 OF THE FIRST 1,000 LIMITED EDITION!

Buy It Now Price: US $10,000.00

Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only.

Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I saw a couple that started out in the $10,000 range -- but they were with "reserve not met" which means that if the auction ended today the seller would not be selling it to the highest bidder because he has a reserve price set. He/she is only obligated to sale if the reserve price is met....

·
5,641 Posts
tmpafford said:
Here are the interesting parts of the ad:

THIS IS SOLSTICE #0175 OF THE FIRST 1,000 LIMITED EDITION!

Buy It Now Price: US $10,000.00

Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only.

Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list.

How about the auction number or a link?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
tmpafford said:
he is starting the bidding at 10K...and the reserve not met..meaning someone has to bid his asking price to get the car......wondering how high it is..

he has the preapproved buyers and bidders..meaning they probably have to put a deposit down to bid...avoids the fakes...and the guy paying the ebay fees for the post..while not selling it

I logged on to ebay twice now..once shows it at 10K with reserve....now it shows bidding starting at $10...looks like ebay is hiccupping on that listing...it does show 10K for today only..cant imagine he is taking a loss.....something fishy here!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Car # 175, I know this car!!!!

It WAS at my Dealer here in Pa.

This car was bought by the "managers brother in law", but interestingly
enough it had been a display car and the manager has been driving it???

So it is a used car, I knew it was for sale and it was sitting there the day
I picked mine up. The salesman told me it was for sale, so maybe they
were not totally happy with the car. It is what it is (fantastic looks, could
use a 200+ horse V6 in my opinion to give it more umph! This coming from a guy who has owned several V8's) ( But I love my car anyway, and find it as quick and powerful as my 1986 firbird with a 2.8L V6 !!!)

Car # 175 is black w black leather, 1st solstice I ever saw in person.

They have been driving it around as it was not on the lot every day. I live
near by and often pass the dealership so I know this.

I would imagine it has some miles on it as it was the 1st in this area to be delivered.

Regards!

·
4,592 Posts
It states:

"Buy It Now Price: US $10,000.00"

But I don't see abuy now option, I don't even see a reserve for this item, as it is now, it will go to the highest bidder. From experience, that's a gamble not to have a reserve, but in the case of solstice, he'll get bids that will exceed what I'd be willing to pay.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
RODEO said:
It states:

"Buy It Now Price: US $10,000.00"

But I don't see abuy now option, I don't even see a reserve for this item, as it is now, it will go to the highest bidder. From experience, that's a gamble not to have a reserve, but in the case of solstice, he'll get bids that will exceed what I'd be willing to pay.
If you notice, the seller just became an ebay seller yesterday, and has a feedback score of ZERO. I would bet that if the bidding doesn't go as high as he would like, he'll just default on the sale and sell it somewhere else.

·
4,592 Posts
dengel said:
If you notice, the seller just became an ebay seller yesterday, and has a feedback score of ZERO. I would bet that if the bidding doesn't go as high as he would like, he'll just default on the sale and sell it somewhere else.
yeah, I saw that. My guess the bids will hit $30k easy enough, but I wouldn't trust it if I won at $10K. The fact he has a "buy now price of $10K" is fishy also, especially since the option doesn't exist. They probably screwed up the ad, I've seen that before, and they will adjust it is my guess.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Bought_It said:
Car # 175, I know this car!!!!

It WAS at my Dealer here in Pa.

This car was bought by the "managers brother in law", but interestingly
enough it had been a display car and the manager has been driving it???

So it is a used car, I knew it was for sale and it was sitting there the day
I picked mine up. The salesman told me it was for sale, so maybe they
were not totally happy with the car. It is what it is (fantastic looks, could
use a 200+ horse V6 in my opinion to give it more umph! This coming from a guy who has owned several V8's) ( But I love my car anyway, and find it as quick and powerful as my 1986 firbird with a 2.8L V6 !!!)

Car # 175 is black w black leather, 1st solstice I ever saw in person.

They have been driving it around as it was not on the lot every day. I live
near by and often pass the dealership so I know this.

I would imagine it has some miles on it as it was the 1st in this area to be delivered.

Regards!

Very interesting.

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
I emailed the seller and am waiting for answers... :yawn:

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a scam... I suspect he copied and pasted the Pic's. Someone else will probably recognize their car given long enough. Auction ends, you send the deposit, deposit disappears, seller disappears, you're screwed.

·
4,592 Posts
Just thought to look atother items thi person has for sale, they have 56 other auctions, all have the same strange pricing, AND the SAME SOl is duplicated at least twice on two auctions.

Being they have no "comments" for that seller, I would think it's a scam. I notified ebay, they are investigating........

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been told by a seller that an auction (not named) is experiencing some listings where the sellers User Name and identity have been stolen and the listing is being used by a third party. When a potential buyer tries to contact the seller his email is redirected to another location, perhaps a spammer, I don't know.
It was brought to my attention when I tried to contact the seller of a Kubota tractor, it wasn’t his listing. I discovered the switch before hitting the send. With a little searching I was able to contact the real user. The User discovered the listing and asked the auction to remove it. They took it off the next day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts