·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
please - no - it hurts too much --- :ack:

They are all ugly.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I like the Speedster and Amphicar. The Met was cute as well, but the rest the question is why...

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Only the Speedster and Fiero are interesting and the Porsche has been done already. The idea of a mid-engined GM sports car has floated around for decades, but instead of following up on their Corvette prototypes, they snuck the Fiero into production as an econocar and then dropped it when it was getting good. A mid-engined sports car would still be nice to see from GM, but they couldn't even keep what they had going, they screwed up the company so badly that it had to go under or be taken over, so that one ain't going to happen any time soon either.

Just anothet journalist trying to fill space to justify their existence.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,474 Posts
Just another journalist trying to fill space to justify their existence.
I'm still trying to figure out the other 8 cars on his list. I agreed on the Speedster and the Fiero, but his other 8 could be any of thousands of cars out there.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Nothing there that I would resurrect if I was given the mandate.

Maybe a Chevy Nomad, a Ford Ranchero, or a 56 GMC PU. Split window Vette is being done, Charger, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, Shelby Cobra have all been done. Maybe James Dean's little Porsche spyder or a 50's Vette would be candidates.

BTW - was the bug eye sprite regurgitated as a Thunderbird?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh I hate to throw cold water, but none these (with the possible exception of the
Fiero) could meet current Federal safety or emission standards..... Sigh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts