Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
RJinAZ said:
I've checked, from time to time, on Solstice listings on eBay. No. 100 has a high bid of over $31,100. It kills to have someone purchase a pre-owned Solstice before I've had a chance to smell the leather in my NEW roadster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...oryZ6386QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh, well. :brentil:
I hear ya!

Whoever sold that #100 was smart. Now is the time to do it! If Joe Shmo wants to drive the car now and not wait on a waiting list they will pay top dollar to do so.

·
Registered
212 Posts
RJinAZ said:
I've checked, from time to time, on Solstice listings on eBay. No. 100 has a high bid of over $31,100. It kills to have someone purchase a pre-owned Solstice before I've had a chance to smell the leather in my NEW roadster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...oryZ6386QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh, well. :brentil:
All I can say is good luck collecting that money. These types of auctions on eBay are notorious for people making bids they have no intention of completing. Just look at the Virgin Mary in the grilled cheese sandwich-type auctions for how ridiculous the bids can get. And seeing as how the high bidder has zero feedback, that is pretty obvious the bidder is either new to eBay or set up the ID to make a phony bid.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danlbrau said:
All I can say is good luck collecting that money. These types of auctions on eBay are notorious for people making bids they have no intention of completing. Just look at the Virgin Mary in the grilled cheese sandwich-type auctions for how ridiculous the bids can get. And seeing as how the high bidder has zero feedback, that is pretty obvious the bidder is either new to eBay or set up the ID to make a phony bid.
There's a bidder behind the 0-feedback guy with a 99.7% positive feedback rating and over 380 positive reviews. The bid was $31,000.52.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sols on eBay

RJinAZ said:
There's a bidder behind the 0-feedback guy with a 99.7% positive feedback rating and over 380 positive reviews. The bid was $31,000.52.
anyone that would spend $12,000 over sticker because of impatience needs to have their :crazy: head examined IMO. the Sol will be a mass produced car....its not some rare exotic collectable that appreciates over time. these cars will depreciate $4000 as soon as they leave the showroom floor.

·
Registered
212 Posts
PaulWall said:
anyone that would spend $12,000 over sticker because of impatience needs to have their head :crazy: examined IMO. the Sol will be a mass produced car....its not some rare exotic collectable. And it will depreciate $4000 as soon it leaves the showroom floor.
Well, while I wouldn't buy one as an investment, but as long as they are still dribbling out of the factory and demand exceeds supply, they should hold their sticker pretty well for a little while. Of course with a car like this demand could be fleeting once the weather turns, particularly in parts of the country where the car is impractical in the winter, but come next spring if they are not available at your Pontiac dealer without a wait their value should hold up OK.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where is everyone calculating 12k over sticker????? By the time you add options tax etc. You are at 26k+ that is 6k over sticker maximum. What is 6k if you want the car.

Steve

·
Registered
479 Posts
swiss said:
Where is everyone calculating 12k over sticker????? By the time you add options tax etc. You are at 26k+ that is 6k over sticker maximum. What is 6k if you want the car.

Steve
:agree: 6K wouldn't do it for me, I used to think if someone offered 10k over purchase price I would consider it, but after all this hoopla, the free gifts, especially the portfolio received today, I think I wil be keeping this car for a long time, especially since it is a f1000. It's unique, and nothing can duplicate this experience for me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
it was a dealer that bought the car...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
del_utz said:
:agree: 6K wouldn't do it for me, I used to think if someone offered 10k over purchase price I would consider it, but after all this hoopla, the free gifts, especially the portfolio received today, I think I wil be keeping this car for a long time, especially since it is a f1000. It's unique, and nothing can duplicate this experience for me.
ummm....I don't think I would want to duplicate this experience! :willy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
ummm....I don't think I would want to duplicate this experience! :willy:
Todd, I hear ya, but think about it, when you entered the dealership on 4/15, wasn't that exciting? When you found out that you would be the owner of a f100 wasn't that exciting? When you got the free hat, wasn't that a nce surprise? The truth of the matter is GM is ahead of schedule, they promised our cars by mid Oct. and we have already seen deliveries. Sure it hasn't been perfect, but when put in perspective it has been fun, at least for me that is. Now if you were one of the unfortunate that didn't get a f100 then I understand, the wait and watching all of these posts has to be disapointing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Would I Sell?..........

del_utz said:
Todd, I hear ya, but think about it, when you entered the dealership on 4/15, wasn't that exciting? When you found out that you would be the owner of a f100 wasn't that exciting? When you got the free hat, wasn't that a nce surprise? The truth of the matter is GM is ahead of schedule, they promised our cars by mid Oct. and we have already seen deliveries. Sure it hasn't been perfect, but when put in perspective it has been fun, at least for me that is. Now if you were one of the unfortunate that didn't get a f100 then I understand, the wait and watching all of these posts has to be disapointing.
$8,000-$10,000 over my purchase price will be hard to turn down. It will get ugly after the cars hit the streets. It's always that way in So. California. $32,000-$34,000 plus on ebay will be the norm later this year for a fully loaded Solstice.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quite a few different bidders for this one.
I guess the price is worth it for the winner.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I'm sorry but if I knew someone who just paid $8,000 over sticker for a car I would have to laugh in their face. I guess this is the same type of person who pays for hookers rather than investing in a long term relationship. :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
stang said:
I'm sorry but if I knew someone who just paid $8,000 over sticker for a car I would have to laugh in their face. I guess this is the same type of person who pays for hookers rather than investing in a long term relationship. :lol:
:glol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
stang said:

:agree: :glol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are two others up there today!

Oh and the $31K is closer to $10k over, at least in Missouri, you have to pay taxes and title on used cars too (which is what this sale actually is)

·
Registered
212 Posts
stang said:
Actually, hookers are cheaper in the long run. :devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts