Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1000 certificate off towards the solstice from GM. Had to retire before 2003 to be eligible YES YES YES :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ah, no fair!!

I'll give you $1500 for it.....um......wait......nevermind. :leaving:

- bspate -

·
5,641 Posts
I updated your first thread on the subject on Tuesday when it was official.

Dave's First Thread

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just wondering if that is redeemable when you are buying the car with the G.M.S. dicount?

·
5,641 Posts
SPIROB said:
Just wondering if that is redeemable when you are buying the car with the G.M.S. dicount?
For those who were eligible (select UAW retirees) and received them, it is only available on GMS (GM Employee Purchase Program) sales. So it lowers the GMS price by the $1,000.

No GMS on your deal, no certificate savings.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
For those who were eligible and received them, it is only available on GMS (GM Employee Purchase Program) sales. So it lowers the GMS price by the $1,000.

No GMS on your deal, no certificate savings.
Can they give these coupons to friends and family?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just Noted On The Certificate The Buick Rendezvous,cadillac Escalade Esv And Ext And Chevrolet Avalanche The Hhr Pontiac Aztek Gto The Sunfire And Vehicles Produced By Saab Except The Saab 9-7x Are Not Eligible. I Am Suprised That They Discounted The Solstice. All The Vehicles Had To Be Produced In The Usa.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SPIROB said:
i heard you get the gms also. But as we all know their is no gms on the solstice

·
5,641 Posts
dave clancy said:
i heard you get the gms also. But as we all know their is no gms on the solstice
Other way around. You need to be getting a GMS deal to be able to use the certificate.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
FAMILY ONLY
Small Dealer or any dealer whats the program called that lets then give their discount to friends and family ? I know it's done because someone just got one. And how does it work?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Other way around. You need to be getting a GMS deal to be able to use the certificate.
I can be corrected, but I think there is GMS on the Solstice but it's up to the dealer if he wants to give it to you.

·
5,641 Posts
deluke said:
Small Dealer or any dealer whats the program called that lets then give their discount to friends and family ? I know it's done because someone just got one. And how does it work?
Think you are thinking of the GM-In-The-Driveway program.

Select GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS) eligible employees and retirees can pass on an authorization number that allows Family, Friends and Neighbors to get a car at the GM Supplier Purchase Program price (4.5% above the GMS price). Dealerships receive a small handling allowance for offering the special price.

Like the GM Employee and Supplier Purchase Programs, dealerships can elect not to accept the program on a deal to deal or carline basis.

·
5,641 Posts
deluke said:
I can be corrected, but I think there is GMS on the Solstice but it's up to the dealer if he wants to give it to you.
Never said there wasn't people getting GMS on Solstice. Just said that the deal had to have it to use the certificate.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Think you are thinking of the GM-In-The-Driveway program.

Select GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS) eligible employees and retirees can pass on an authorization number that allows Family, Friends and Neighbors to get a car at the GM Supplier Purchase Program price (4.5% above the GMS price). Dealerships receive a small handling allowance for offering the special price.

Like the GM Employee and Supplier Purchase Programs, dealerships can elect not to accept the program on a deal to deal or carline basis.
If there are rebates on the
v car, do you also get the rebate?

·
5,641 Posts
dave clancy said:
your right just called gm
Cactus Jack brought it up when we kick your thread around in very early September.

Sorry if you had forgotten and got your hopes up. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's called "family first" I believe. Any qualifying employee of G.M. can call to get a G.M.S. # for their relative( I'm not sure which relatives qualify). If the dealer is willing to honor it you only have to give the # when you are ready to pick up the car. The G.M.S. #'s expire after 180 days. I know this because mine is almost ready to expire. It only takes a few minutes to get one and they can give it you right over the phone. Small Dealer, feel free to elaborate or correct me if I am wrong. Getting mine with G.M.S. thru a great dealer! (signed sales contract)

·
5,641 Posts
deluke said:
If there are rebates on thev car, do you also get the rebate?

Most everything is compatible with the GM-In-The-Drieway Program.

·
5,641 Posts
SPIROB said:
It's called "family first" I believe. Any qualifying employee of G.M. can call to get a G.M.S. # for their relative( I'm not sure which relatives qualify). If the dealer is willing to honor it you only have to give the # when you are ready to pick up the car. The G.M.S. #'s expire after 180 days. I know this because mine is almost ready to expire. It only takes a few minutes to get one and they can give it you right over the phone. Small Dealer, feel free to elaborate or correct me if I am wrong. Getting mine with G.M.S. thru a great dealer! (signed sales contract)

Family First is GM's big umbrella of programs for Employees and their family. It works just as you posted but only for direct listed family buying a car.

deluke used the "freinds" and "family" words that indicate he was thinking the GM-In-The-Driveway Program. Which has a much bigger audience that can be made eligible by the GMS eligible person.

Glad you have a GMS deal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts