Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up #112 last Saturday afternoon and I've been too busy driving everywhere to report in.

Like everyone else is saying... the car is absolutely incredible and, even though I bought it without ever seeing one outside of a photograph, it's everything I hoped it would be.

My other car is a BMW 330i and, even so, the Solstice's power doesn't disappoint. And the looks and honks and shouts of approval as you drive by put a big smile on your face.

My only two problems:

1. I got the basic stereo with the MP3 option and it's a pretty cruddy system. The sound mostly sucks.

2. I have a 15-year-old-daughter who thinks it's going to be her car in 6 months... and I'm already tired of saying "No!"
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Riles said:
I have a 15-year-old-daughter who thinks it's going to be her car in 6 months... and I'm already tired of saying "No!"
But, I imagine it's an easy "no!" :lol:

congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Tell us more about the stereo system. Why does it suck? I'm assuming you didn't get the Monsoon upgrade...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I saw your car on Friday

Thanks for letting Kirkland Pontiac have your car on the floor for a couple of days. I am the owner of VIN #5, which hasn't arrived yet - recalled to Delaware for "Fit and Finish" issues. I have been Jones'n for my Solstice since the day I ordered it and am now extremely anxious for it to be delivered. Mine is Deep, and I got all of the options except the automatic transmission, which was a no-brainer.

I'm hoping that the fully optioned sound system will be an improvement.

By the way, I just joined the forum and would like to put my car on "The List". Can you direct me to where I do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I have VIN #5, which is the same color and has the same options as yours. Mine has not arrived yet. Has yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Riles said:
I picked up #112 last Saturday afternoon and I've been too busy driving everywhere to report in.

Like everyone else is saying... the car is absolutely incredible and, even though I bought it without ever seeing one outside of a photograph, it's everything I hoped it would be.

My other car is a BMW 330i and, even so, the Solstice's power doesn't disappoint. And the looks and honks and shouts of approval as you drive by put a big smile on your face.

My only two problems:

1. I got the basic stereo with the MP3 option and it's a pretty cruddy system. The sound mostly sucks.

2. I have a 15-year-old-daughter who thinks it's going to be her car in 6 months... and I'm already tired of saying "No!"
Put the same stereo system in mine. I know I am going to be doing some upgrading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Lucky5 said:
Thanks for letting Kirkland Pontiac have your car on the floor for a couple of days. I am the owner of VIN #5, which hasn't arrived yet - recalled to Delaware for "Fit and Finish" issues. I have been Jones'n for my Solstice since the day I ordered it and am now extremely anxious for it to be delivered. Mine is Deep, and I got all of the options except the automatic transmission, which was a no-brainer.

I'm hoping that the fully optioned sound system will be an improvement.

By the way, I just joined the forum and would like to put my car on "The List". Can you direct me to where I do that?
Welcome to the forum! It already WAS on the list... :devil: I just need to confirm that you are indeed in WA state. I tend to read every post as you can see, but I am not perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perfect

Oh c'mon Excelsior... you're as perfect as anyone expects you to be!

#112 is black--mysterious.


Lucky5, welcome... and I hope you get your car SOON! You lucky dog...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top