Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#116 is for sale in Omaha, NE. I have $27129 in the car after paying our lovely sales tax in Omaha!! I have a dealer in DesMoines that will buy it for that, but I would like to sell above that and Donate the extra to M.A.A. Baseball. 1500 kids in this org., and could really use the money. I will only have it on the market for about 3 weeks. I will be asking $34k to start, then work from there. Omaha is a pretty big town, with only 3 first 1k, myself with two of them, probally won't have to much problem selling... I hope??
Black on Black, Every option available!!
Thanks,

Y.T.
[email protected] (to make offer)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an e-mail to the "contact us" never heard back, I asked where they would like me to post this????????

Tom

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Y.T. said:
#116 is for sale in Omaha, NE. I have $27129 in the car after paying our lovely sales tax in Omaha!! I have a dealer in DesMoines that will buy it for that, but I would like to sell above that and Donate the extra to M.A.A. Baseball. 1500 kids in this org., and could really use the money. I will only have it on the market for about 3 weeks. I will be asking $34k to start, then work from there. Omaha is a pretty big town, with only 3 first 1k, myself with two of them, probally won't have to much problem selling... I hope??
Black on Black, Every option available!!
Thanks,

Y.T.
[email protected] (to make offer)
This way you get the tax write off, not the person buying the car. That doesn't seem fair.

·
Registered
401 Posts
deluke said:
This way you get the tax write off, not the person buying the car. That doesn't seem fair.
Stop being so picky, aleast the money is going to a good cause. If he is doing this he probly give more to other good things and the tax saving probly will go to another good cause. You do not know if the person buying would give his saving to someone?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
POTFH said:
Stop being so picky, aleast the money is going to a good cause. If he is doing this he probly give more to other good things and the tax saving probly will go to another good cause. You do not know if the person buying would give his saving to someone?
I'm not being picky ! Just tired of the " I'm selling my car good person ordeal" Some people are truthful, but most are full of BS.

But there are suckers born every day.

·
Registered
846 Posts
YT, who is a contact for the MAA baseball league. I and maybe others would like to make a donation. My company also matches donations for most nonprofit organizations. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
deluke said:
I'm not being picky ! Just tired of the " I'm selling my car good person ordeal" Some people are truthful, but most are full of BS.

But there are suckers born every day.
Having personally met Tom and knowing that he has handicaps himself and listiening to phone calls/emails/etc on the subject of his charity, I trust this money will go to charity!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jim !!! I have a buyer for the $27129 price, so I won't have any problems getting rid of it. To those who dought, you can go to www.maabaseball.com, Leave Tom Trout an E-mail, he is the president of this 5013c non-profit org. Or call me personally at 402-871-8633 if you are serious about #116, or I can give you his number when you call.

Y.T.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To you doubters and whiners that need something to do,,,,

This is Mrs. Y.T - It is true that my husband borrowed the extra money to buy another solstice from a gentleman(Jim) here in Omaha. The timing wasn't right for Jim. And there was NO way we were going to sit back and let Jim default that car to those lying, greedy, unethical,bast$%%ds. With that being said, we talked about it between YT and I and then approached our REAL non-profit organization, www.maabaseball.com Feel free to look it up! My husband and I have been active volunteers/directors/contributors since 1997 - kids are all grown so it's not like we have to be down there all summer long anymore) We talked to the president of MAA and decided that if it took a 2nd mortgage on our house we would not let SATAN win this battle. They will not make a dime on that car. And to prove further how sincere we are about our feelings and the horrible way we have been treated by Plaza, decided that the money should be donated so nobody could say the same about us. If any of you knew what those Plaza Pontiac people have put my husband through, you'd all be here tomorrow with us, outside their lot with picket signs warning all the innocent car buying public to take their business elsewhere. Since the beginning of this contest we have been lied to continually, treated horribly rudely, and have witnessed first hand numerous contest violations. Nobody will directly benefit from the sale of this car and to prove that, we will sell the car for the exact to the penny price we paid for it and the buyer can write a donation check to the Millard Athletic Association for 6,000-7,000 and they can write it off. Honestly it is worth the amount of the write off to be sure that Plaza does not benefit 1 penny from the sale of these cars. Oh, except they will make some money on the one that "one of the salespeople" that works there owns and it sitting on their salesfloor. Which by the way is clearly a DIRECT RULE VIOLATION of the published rules of this contest. Yet the car still sits there and nobody from Pontiac is doing a darn thing about the violation. If Pontiac doesn't want to get sued for rigging their own contest, perhaps they should raffle off "their" car to charity. Just for a little redemption maybe? Or before the GM loses his lot? It's actually car dealers like Plaza that give the car sales industry a bad name.
Once again, this IS Mrs. Y.T. and I know my husband can go a bit "overboard" at times but this Solstice situation is all God's honest truth so there are a few of you that owe him an apology and you also owe Millard Athletic Association a donation. Put your money wher your mouth is like my husband, the mighty mouth, is :) To all the others, may God bless.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Who can do a raffle?

What would really make a lot of money for a charity is a raffle, are there any forum members out there who either know how to run a good raffle and/or live in a state where the lottery rules are not so darn particular. you could sell 1000 tickets for $50 bucks.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Karen1506 said:
What would really make a lot of money for a charity is a raffle, are there any forum members out there who either know how to run a good raffle and/or live in a state where the lottery rules are not so darn particular. you could sell 1000 tickets for $50 bucks.

The charity would have to set up the raffle, but thats how you would make the most money for the charity. They would buy the car from YT

·
Registered
110 Posts
deluke said:
The charity would have to set up the raffle, but thats how you would make the most money for the charity. They would buy the car from YT
Yes, that is the way it sorta works in Nebraska but there are other states that have far less stringent rules for raffles and the other key elements are
experience with a professional raffle and promotion, I believe the forum would provide enough
promotion for 1000 tickets. I don't want to speak for Y.T. but I'm sure he wouldn't mind for whoever has the moxy to run one, that their charity might be included too. I personally would like to see something going to injured and fallen soldiers families, but thats just me. Just an Idea!
Jim

·
2,574 Posts
People should stay on G.M. about this dealer's violation of the rules until some action is achieved. I will make a small donation to this cause if someone gives me a little direction. Thanks, Just my .02 cents worth. Well I think I can give a bit more than that. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts