Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just concluded testing on our WERKSracing LNF/LHU Phenolic Spacer set on Kyle's 2012 Buick Regal GS and the results speak for themselves!

+11whp gain
+1ftlb TQ gain
- 73(F) degree drop in Intake manifold surface temperature!

Kyle's Beautiful Regal GS -

Before Phenolic Spacers immediately after dyno pull-

After Phenolic Spacers immediately after dyno pull -

Before and after results -

Purchase the WERKSracing Phenolic Spacer set for $144.99 here -
The Home of WERKSracing products!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Those are some pretty impressive gains. The adaptability of this motor to certain mods never ceases to amaze me. Almost makes me wish I had an LNF...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
OK Dave what do I get from just the throttle body spacer, I have removed and replaced the intake and not in a hurry to do it again anytime soon unless I have to.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
That's pretty cool. PITA to change out, but big gains for such a simple mod. This is something I would definitely look into down the road. Does Werks also sell a larger diameter throttle body? Would be good to kill 2 birds with one stone when changing out the stock gaskets with these new spacers and also switch the TB for one with a larger diameter for more air flow.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I hear people are making over 450 hp with the stock throttlebody, it seems to not be an issue.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I hear people are making over 450 hp with the stock throttlebody, it seems to not be an issue.
True, but even if I can squeeze 3 more hp out of my car just by adding a larger TB, I would do it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Then get the spacers no one makes a bigger throttle body for a reason, doesn't do any good. Want more horsepower methanol injection works quite well.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about this test they did is that the temperature readings are done right after the install and test run on the dyno. I would like to see the car driven around under normal conditions and reach normal driving temps, with the engine warmed up fully, then put it back on the dyno and test it again. Seems like the manifold area would be allot hotter then resulting in a true temperature reading and different dyno results.

·
Registered
237 Posts
these are cheap are cheap mod imho. i strongly recommend them as well. ive had these on my previous car. beat the crap out of it all the time. would see temps upwards of 200 degrees or normally as im cruising around 185 degrees(while in motion). you can pop the hood and the intake manifold is warm to the touch. they arent scolding hot like they normally would be without the spacers. anyone that has these spacers can tell you that. its a very noticeable different.

the ideas to aid with keeping the charge air cooler and helping get rid of the heat transfer from the head to the intake manifold which will cause the charge air to heat up.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
True, but even if I can squeeze 3 more hp out of my car just by adding a larger TB, I would do it.
I doubt there is anything to be gained with larger TB size. No one has shown any evidence that this is not the case.

On the mods, they make sense and if I ever have to pull my manifold for some reason, I'd go with these as a replacement. Lot of work to do as a project if you don't need to take it off, though. I'd be interested in separate runs with TB spacer and manifold spacer to see what each contributes.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Dave paging Dave, we want more info. As far as driving around to get it warm, it gets warm a lot faster on the dyno than driving around, no air flow. I have seen a Solstice heat soak in 1 dyno run with the stock intercooler. Usually only get a couple before heat soak with the much larger aftermarket intercoolers and that was with a very large fan blowing on the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey has anyone ordered these yet? I just got a set of mine and noticed that they are a fair amount larger than the intake ports. I'm not saying that there is a problem or anything because they do match the stock gasket perfectly, but there is a lot of room for porting the head and intake. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have sold over 75 sets of these, they fit and work great! There is a reason we went slightly larger ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I should maybe follow up my previous post that these spacers do look great and fit well! Just was more or less asking if porting the head and intake would be beneficial.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should maybe follow up my previous post that these spacers do look great and fit well! Just was more or less asking if porting the head and intake would be beneficial.
For sure, yes porting/gasket matching is always beneficial but you DO NOT have to do it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I installed them last week. Not hard to do. Just a little patients.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I run 2jz ones on the trollstice w/a sheetmetal manifold, completely alleviated my heatsoaking issue.... things really do work great

1 - 20 of 47 Posts