Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the site and I see cars with vins much higher than mine are being delivered. What's up with this? Dealer knows nothing. Does anyone else?

Mysterious 1232

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
cpeck said:
I have been reading the site and I see cars with vins much higher than mine are being delivered. What's up with this? Dealer knows nothing. Does anyone else?

Mysterious 1232
It seems that it should of been there already. Are you sure it's not sitting on your dealers floor? I would go down and check, it happened to someone else. Have your dealer call Allied Automotive they are doing the trucking for New England 1-866-527-4285. They can give you info and let you know if it's in their system. Also have your dealer call DBC( Dealer Buiness Center) and put a hot ticket on it. They can also give him any info they have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to say

cpeck said:

Mysterious 1232
My VIN is not far from yours. The bad news is this. Our cars didn't pass quality tests (aka water leaks). They had to be pulled for repairs - slowly. Adjustments were made on the assembly line and cars produced AFTER our cars didn't have those "issues." Those cars are being shipped. Our are still languishing in the fix-it shop. Check the event code for your car. Salesman may not have it (or know about it), but sales manager does. He needs to enter his computer and your car with a number that begins with letter J. Here's a list of probable event code sequences for your car. I've been at event code 4150 for weeks....(I'm assuming you are beyond the earlier event codes of: plant accepting your order, broadcasting, etc.). By the way, your car can go backwards in coding. Oh yes, that is heartbreaking. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. For those of us in quality hold hell, it has served as our ONLY support group.
Sample Codes:
3800 Produced
4000 Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice
4106 Release Bailment
4150 Original Invoice
4200 Shipped
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4200 Shipped
5000 Vehicle at dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer