Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife made a comment that knowing my luck I would get car number 13. This got me thinking that perhaps there are people that would freak out if they got one of these numbers. Perhaps it would be a bit ironic if, say, a preacher or something got car 666, but how many people would have an issue if this was the number of their car?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. I work with one of satan's offsprings and her phone number is 6665. :lol: Thirteen doesn't bother me, tho. Just those triple sixes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Don't believe in bad luck, so 13 doesn't mean anything to me... good or bad. I am a christian, but I still wouldn't care if I got 666. In the end it is just a number. It isn't like I requested it. The meaning all comes in how the number is used.

I don't really get why some buildings seem to proudly display their address of 666 though.

·
5,641 Posts
Once had a buyer who requested that there be no "1" and "3" next to each other (in either order), no pair of numbers could add up to "13" and the set of numbers couldn't add to "13" in their new license plate. (I think they had already cleared the VIN before purchasing).

·
Registered
26 Posts
holy crap, SmallDealer, that is one of the more bazaar things I have ever heard.

I want the number '1337' because I am a total nerd.

-pete

·
Registered
350 Posts
1337?

OK am I missing something in history that I shouldn't be forgetting or is it some sort of technology thing?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
This could open up a whole new off topic thread: What is the significance of 666 in the global economy?" or
"Debt Slavery: Bondage 101"

·
Registered
515 Posts
Reminded me of this article from a few weeks ago about avoiding cabs in China that have a plate number that ends in 4.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
1337?

OK am I missing something in history that I shouldn't be forgetting or is it some sort of technology thing?
1337 = LEET, as in Elite. Bunch of us gamers like to use it when we get good at a game, and get known for owning(pwn1ng) people.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
w3rd d00t. omg 1337 h4x n 5h17 y0. pwnt. lollerskates! l8r n00bz0rz. :willy:

·
5,641 Posts
dori-san said:
w3rd d00t. omg 1337 h4x n 5h17 y0. pwnt. lollerskates! l8r n00bz0rz. :willy:
I think I just got another generation older! :cryin:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I think I just got another generation older! :cryin:
:lol:

for those that suffer from triskadecaphobia, what about the capital letter B? It's like a "13" with the "1" and "3" really close together :glol:

If your name is BOB, and you are superstitious, then I guess you're Fu*&ed...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Once had a buyer who requested that there be no "1" and "3" next to each other (in either order), no pair of numbers could add up to "13" and the set of numbers couldn't add to "13" in their new license plate. (I think they had already cleared the VIN before purchasing).
To paraphrase, maybe "She was gettin' ink done...instead of 13 they drew a 31" :lol: Here in NW PA there is a state route 666 heading sort of south out of Smethport, check it out on a road atlas...if you dare! :devil: :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
physixman said:
My wife made a comment that knowing my luck I would get car number 13. This got me thinking that perhaps there are people that would freak out if they got one of these numbers. Perhaps it would be a bit ironic if, say, a preacher or something got car 666, but how many people would have an issue if this was the number of their car?

Even though the Solstice is an inexpensive roadster, I would wonder where my church donations were going if I saw my preacher driving one. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
The car does denote a rather pagan affiliation, doesn't it?
I mean, who really practices the solstice anymore except for Wicca, pagans and satanists. I think I'll order my plate to read: "NewSol 777". :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
solli4me said:
The car does denote a rather pagan affiliation, doesn't it?
I mean, who really practices the solstice anymore except for Wicca, pagans and satanists. I think I'll order my plate to read: "NewSol 777". :lol:
Druids also.Stonehenge is the place,Litha is the celebration. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
AHA! So that's why GM chose to photograph the car in front of the repro Stonehenge in Washington. They're trying to get us Celts to buy this car. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here's a cool link on Stonehenge as an astronomical calculator.
http://witcombe.sbc.edu/earthmysteries/EMStonehengeD.html

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am not worried cause my vin number will be 00000001! :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Although I will, of course, be happy with any VIN I'm hoping for one of these in descending order of desirability:

42 (Don't Panic!)
314 (Solstice Pi, yum!)

Hoping I can get my VIN on my license plate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts