Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Car Craft Street Machine Nationals to return to Du Quoin (IL) State Fairgrounds. After a nearly a 15 years hiatus (1989) the granddaddy of all street machine events is set to return.

Who: Car Craft Magazine Street Machine Nationals
What: 3-day event of some of the best looking and built cars in the USA
Where: Du Quoin IL State Fairgrounds
When: June 28-30, 2013
Why: Automotive celebration open that is open to all makes and models

There is a nominal pre-registration fee of $35 (+ $3.50 processing fee :cuss: ) that includes an event goody bag, free judging, plus weekend admission for the vehicle, driver, one passenger, and any children 15 and under riding in the vehicle. Pre-registration runs up until Friday, June 21. Food is available at the fairgrounds concession area (or participants may bring their own beverages [NO ALCOHOL, and food coolers. Also, while many trees and the fairground lake provide some cooling people are encouraged to bring portable shade devices and chairs.

In addition: Performance Marketplace for the latest aftermarket parts, burnout challenge, dyno challenge, meet the editors of Car Craft, take in the Miss Street Machine contest, and there will be 40+ pro judged awards given including Car Craft Editor’s Choice.

Car Craft Street Machine Nationals Returns to Du Quoin!

http://www.familyevents.com/files/SMN Return to DuQuion Release 1-.pdf

I've attended a few of these in their heyday. Nice thing about it is since it takes place at a state fairgrounds everything is self contained and takes place in a central location.

At night when folks leave the fairgrounds is when cruising around Du Quoin begins. Last time I attended people were lining the town streets dumping water and encouraging cruisers to burn out. Then the police would sweep in, ticket or stop people only for it to start again after they've left or the craziness moves to another location.

Don' get me wrong it can be very fun to watching the American Graffiti behavior, but you just have to resist the urge to give in and remember to focus instead on just driving and watching the cool cars cruising around you.

I already preregistered to enter our 09 coupe. Currently trying to decide on area motel/hotels:
Du Quoin State Fair : Home

or use the fairgrounds campsite.
Du Quoin State Fair : Home

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looks like this is going to be a big show because all Duquoin hotel/motels have been booked for months. Luckily I found a room in Pickneyville, IL (13 miles away from the fairgrounds) called the Pickneyville Inn, 112 S. Main St. However, it is a double so if anyone is interested in sharing room please PM. They do have one handicap room left. It's a former Super 8 which means it may not be the Ritz but should have running water. ;)

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Car Craft Nationals is this upcoming weekend. Machine waxed the coupe, little more interior detailing to do, and packing for the event. Hopefully there will be other Kappa's in attendance @ this nationally covered event to help bring increased recognition and attention to these platform(s) from the enthusiasts community, but mostly just hoping for great weather. :thumbs:

Current Weather.com, Du Quoin weather predictions is high 80s low 90s, with small chance of rain. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts