Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN 134 is now on a used car lot (Ford of Kirkland, in Kirkland, Washington) listed at $34,950. The car has only 400 miles on it. It is Envious and appears to have all options.

According to the salesman, the car was ordered by the Ford dealer for his daughter or niece, and the ungrateful little wretch didn't really want it.

I also found out that the car was sent through the Service Department at the local Pontiac dealership to fix a problem with the read deck popping up every time the car went over a bump.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
This needs to go in the for sale section of the forum.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Lucky5 said:
VIN 134 is now on a used car lot (Ford of Kirkland, in Kirkland, Washington) listed at $34,950. The car has only 400 miles on it. It is Envious and appears to have all options.

According to the salesman, the car was ordered by the Ford dealer for his daughter or niece, and the ungrateful little wretch didn't really want it.

I also found out that the car was sent through the Service Department at the local Pontiac dealership to fix a problem with the read deck popping up every time the car went over a bump.
uumm another shady dealership....who ordered a F1K car....were immediate family members excluded from teh F1K program???..........we have heard this story before I think

wouldnt it be hard to finance a car for 10K over its new car price...as a used vehicle..unless you pay down or pay cash......

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
PAO said:
uumm another shady dealership....who ordered a F1K car....were immediate family members excluded from teh F1K program???..........we have heard this story before I think

wouldnt it be hard to finance a car for 10K over its new car price...as a used vehicle..unless you pay down or pay cash......
Are you sure? Most Ford dealerships do not sell Pontiac. Didn't know other manufacturers were excluded.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
PAO said:

It was a Ford dealer, not a GM dealer. I don't think they care if one of their competitor's wants to buy a GM product ... that would look great for business.

Also, anybody who would pay that much over sticker price most likely has plenty of money sitting around and would be paying cash anyway. But yes, if they did, they would probably have to finance the sticker price and pay the difference in cash.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That car won't get $34,950 unless the buyer is totally unware of pricing.
The highest price yet paid on EBAY was $27,600 for a car with an MSRP of
$22,100.

·
Registered
976 Posts
kingarthur said:
That car won't get $34,950 unless the buyer is totally unware of pricing.
The highest price yet paid on EBAY was $27,600 for a car with an MSRP of
$22,100.

I just had an experience today with some people who were unaware of the Solstice, and standing there in front of it, she would have paid $36,000 like that! But I think I am going to order her one for sticker instead........

She saw the sticker and about fell over. We are discussing it monday....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SlySol said:
It was a Ford dealer, not a GM dealer. I don't think they care if one of their competitor's wants to buy a GM product ... that would look great for business.

Also, anybody who would pay that much over sticker price most likely has plenty of money sitting around and would be paying cash anyway. But yes, if they did, they would probably have to finance the sticker price and pay the difference in cash.
my bad for n ot paying closer attention...was just so thrilled with seeing and sitting in a real solstice finally.......got carried away!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Lucky5 said:

I have this listed as DELIVERED and belonging to package and he lives in MI

Please confirm ASAP and PM me.

·
5,641 Posts
In the other thread from Saturday, and at Kirkland Ford's web site, the VIN is #182. Which was delivered by a dealership in Washington.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6000

Package should still have his car in Michigan.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excelsior said:
I have this listed as DELIVERED and belonging to package and he lives in MI

Please confirm ASAP and PM me.
This is to confirm that VIN #134 is in Kirkland, WA at the Ford of Kirkland dealership. Well, it was there on Friday anyway...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it.... Probably a dealer error. Both my Pontiac dealer (who serviced the car) and the Ford dealership said it was VIN #134.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Correction. #134 was for sale at Ford of Kirkland. As soon as I saw this post about 2 hours ago I called the G/F hopped into the truck and met her there to see our first Solstice together...

GONE!!!

According to the dealer it sold after one hour of sitting on the lot. Response from people both driving by and visiting the dealership for other purchases was overwhelming. It went for asking price. The original owner while female supposedly was not the owner's daughter. She simply did not like it and wound up getting a Beemer instead. Sounds like a class issue to me but whatever floats your boat. The more the public gets a look at these the more dealers will be able to price gouge. It's one thing convincing people to overpay for a car they have only seen pictures of. It's another once they've seen it and it's smacked them on the side of the head like the Solstice undoubtly will with most people.

Being the Ford dealership that it was the head sales guy took a jab at the car. Said it was "Aesthetically" it was beautiful. I didn't bite and ask "what about the how it drove or was built". He then proceeds to try and sell me a GT because it's faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts