Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new way to add photos...

www.ddz.net/solstice/14 is now the directory

I will make a subdirectory showing particular concentrations.

The antenna looks like it may not even be replaceable and there is NO room to change it.

The top has no wrinkles except where it folds into the trunk at the butresses. I am sure the velcro inside the trunk will help tighten anything up if wrinkles appear.

I do not see any fitment gaps anywhere on my car. The missing shots had my reflection, so I just deleted them. ;)

In the top directory, you will find a shot of the mechanism that hold the butress for resistance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Excelsior said:
I have a new way to add photos...

www.ddz.net/solstice/14 is now the directory

I will make a subdirectory showing particular concentrations.

The antenna looks like it may not even be replaceable and there is NO room to change it.
I had an 1985 Corvette that also had an antenna that was challenging to say the least when it came time to be replaced. But after contorting my arm in ways I didn't think possible, it was done, although not without leaving plenty of knuckle skin on the interior body panels.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think almost every antenna I've seen has had a part at the bottom that could be grabbed with a wrench where you could at least twist off the whip portion to be replaced (or removed for carwashes, etc.)

Does the Sol not even have that? Is it all one unibody molded antenna or something?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe that the whip should screw off/on. If you look at the first picture it shows that the sides of the base on the whip are flat to allow a wrench to unscrew the whip?
Just my opinion but it looks very similiar to others that I have had before.

·
2,574 Posts
DCLocal said:
Thank you thank you thank you for all these pictures.

The top looks sooo much better! :)
Thanks again Ex for the pics, you continue to do good work. I realize you said the antenna's not an issue I just hope it can be replaced for those that choose to do it. Your vid is over at the Masda site thankfully quieting down some of the "enthusuiasts" there re: what a big deal it is to operate the top on a Solstice. Hope they come to appreciate the Sol and Sky for what they will bring to the dance. With the limited production anticipated from all three there should be plenty of room for expanding the affordable roadster ranks without damage to toes and noses.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The whip definitely unscrews...in fact it is shipped in the trunk of the car in a plastic bag.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
C5Vette said:
The whip definitely unscrews...in fact it is shipped in the trunk of the car in a plastic bag.
Yes. At the ride & drive they were all removed prior to trailoring.

And if I'm not mistaken, almost all the threads we've seen regarding this issue have replacment antenna's that only rescrew to the base.

So Excelsior (sp?, sorry), the real question is, with your mast removed, how high is from the top of the antenna base to the top of the roof. I think an antenna the exact same height as the roof will look the best, not taller, no shorter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Excelsior, now that you've had some windshield time in your car what do you think about suspension ?
Stiff.... soft.... something in between ?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts