Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MADE YA LOOK! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

OK. Heid's was fun tonight and I did NOT want to come home, I just wanted to drive, drive, drive....

I would guess around 30 people showed up interested in the car. Even got an interview on a local TV Show. :)

Almost everyone guessed $30-$45k range and spent a good amount of time checking the car out. One guy from Florida was there and had no idea that this was going to happen today. He happened to be a Miata owner, so we took some comparison shots for everyone. It is NIGHT and DAY in the difference.

The color looks better when the sun is falling because it loses the assuredness of being blue and you find yourself second guessing if it is or not.

I received car with around 40mi on it and now it is around 120mi...

10 OPINIONS

1) Fingerprints suck!

2) Everything is nice and tight, no rattles or weird noises.

3) Shifter is very smooth and becomes second nature after about an hour of city driving.

4) Power is quite sufficient for what the car is meant for.

5) Cornering and grip are excellent, I wouldn't try half of what I tried today in a Miata even with decent tires at the speed I was testing the curves on.

6) I am not a hat wearer so I lost the hat once on one drive.

7) Ride is very smooth and straight and quite responsive.

8) The foot rest I definately use a lot and is nice to have.

9) I figured the top out finally (I think)

10) At first I didn't like the hardness of the plastic, but then it grew on me and I don't think I would like a PLUSHY plastic/leather.

BONUS impressions

The airbag for the passenger is automatic. It knows when there is someone in the seat and activates only when occupied.

The blinker is nice and loud.

The COLOR of the steel interior IS AWESOME in the sunlight!

Exhaust is nice without being rude.

The auto sensing lights are quite nice.

The fog lights REALLY light up the road!

The red lighting with the white background is perfect and appealing to the eye while driving without being a distraction.

The fasten seatbelt warning is annoying enough to make you want to put the belt on. :)

Things I think that could be improved on...

Placement of window buttons. Should be on the door near the handle or forward more. Maybe even in the center near the E-Brake.

The door should auto unlock when pulling the handle from the inside, especially on passenger side when just dropping someone off.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh, another thing....

The friggin wheels look AWESOME while in motion from a gawker's perspective! Imagine how much nicer it will look with polished.

For those that LIKE painted rims, they DO match the windshield trim quite well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excelsior said:
The door should auto unlock when pulling the handle from the inside, especially on passenger side when just dropping someone off.
ya that is reallly annoying esp since the lock pull is old school vertical stick. i wasnt alive when cars with that were around so its strange to me

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the pics...I hope you're enjoying it you lucky ####### ;)

The Miata...YAWN. No offense to Miata owners, but man that is a boring car. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

These two cars don't even compare. I'd take the Solstice hands down any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Excelsior said:
MADE YA LOOK! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

This is actually a safety feature to keep someone from accidently opening the door while driving down the road, like a child grabbing the door handle... this feature has been around since the 60's on most GM cars...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
That is definately one Beautiful car you have there... I may change my mind about the Color of my sky... I do like that Blue...
Enjoy.....

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
And dont leave the keys in the ignition or the battery will run down .
Not if teh culprit who steals it keeps the engine running. :lol: Seriously GMlinedog, does it have same feature as rest of GM that battery will only drain down so far and then computers will shut down everything?

·
Registered
210 Posts
You made us look!

Excelsior said:
MADE YA LOOK! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: The red lighting with the white background is perfect and appealing to the eye while driving without being a distraction.
:lol: :lol: Funny! yes you did make us look :lol: :lol:

The red lighting will be a plus! We only use red flashlights while out stargazing as you can stay dark adapted this way. Way to go GM! Also, I think red looks so much cooler!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pics look great :thumbs:

p.s. you dropped a $50 bill under the car ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Ouch. But the Miata looks child's car and the Solstice an all grown up adult car.
How is it you have money left AFTER picking up your wheels?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...so what's the story?

Excelsior said:
Ohh, another thing....

The friggin wheels look AWESOME while in motion from a gawker's perspective! Imagine how much nicer it will look with polished.

For those that LIKE painted rims, they DO match the windshield trim quite well.
Are they going to get you the polished alum wheels you ordered?
:cool:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
... and the Solstice an all grown up adult car.
An overweight adult American car. :devil:

In my biased opinion it holds up well for a 6 year old design.

But...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts