Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a weekly car show in my city that is more of a very large gathering every wednesday throughout the summer. I decided to call in sick from work today and attend.

Upon arrival and driving through the entrance, I immediately had about 15 people walking behind and towards the car as I chose the optimum place to park it for show. They either couldn't believe that they were seeing one, didn't know what the hell it was or were just following the crowd knowing something good was going to be seen.

There were a few people that spent at least an hour or more standing and staring at the car without ever looking at the other cars. A Lamborghini Diablo(yes, a real one) parked right next to me as you can see in the pics.

Three different people pointed out to me that my car was getting more attention than anything else in the lot. And I would agree since I was dying of thirst and couldn't walk to get a drink. :) I thought the diablo would take away some people, but overall it wasn't that bad. They kinda just looked at that in passing on the way to the Solstice. :yesnod:

pics are here
www.ddz.net/solstice/day3

Night shots are hard to take without a tripod, sorry about the blurry.

·
Registered
936 Posts
When I look at you pics all I can think of is I probably have another month to wait for delivery. It wont be easy seeing and hearing of your exploits but keep them coming.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You lucky son of a gun. I bet you were living it up!!!!!! Great pics once again. I hope you're enjoying it because you are one lucky guy. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I never thought there would be a car that would make a Lamborghini Diablo look so plain!!

Glad you're having fun!

BTW, is the car attracting too much attention? For instance, on the highway, are people slowing down to get a look at the car? I'm afraid of things like that because it's quite dangerous!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Jealousy!!!!

GradSoulStice said:
I hate to admit this, but I'm starting to hate you. Only because of jealousy.

Yes - I believe we are all jealous! I also was hoping to have my car back in time for Mineral Spring Days in Colfax, IA - my hometown as they have a car show and I wanted to put mine on display for all my old school chums to see! :cool: Next Year!

Again - Congrats! Keep on having fun!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
I hate to admit this, but I'm starting to hate you. Only because of jealousy.
haaaaaaaaaaaaa! :agree: Too funny, and Exc, you're having too much fun-but having it for all of us, thanks again for the great pics!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SlipSlider said:
I never thought there would be a car that would make a Lamborghini Diablo look so plain!!

Glad you're having fun!

BTW, is the car attracting too much attention? For instance, on the highway, are people slowing down to get a look at the car? I'm afraid of things like that because it's quite dangerous!
I may have mentioned this before but here it goes again.

While waiting at a large intersection for the left arrow light to turn green, a guy in a large SUV(they all look the same to me) actually was coming the other direction when his light turned green and STOPPED his truck IN HIS LANE right when he approached the car. At this point he had 2 cars behind him wondering what the hell he was doing, he was just sitting there staring at the car. So I shrugged my shoulders and lifted my arms and then piointed to the cars behind him. He took a few more seconds and then continued to move on.

I think what scares me is that motorcycle drivers will actually turn their heads while driving behind other vehicles, that is dangerous.

Mustang convertible owners will always give you that jealous wave and smile. :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Please keep posting your feelings about the car and comments from other people. Until our Solstices arrive we need to leech off of your experiences. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
That's some funny stuff Excelsior, this thing is going to cause traffic accidents :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Reason #56 I'm glad I dind't get an EOP car. Less likely to get in a wreck from people staring at my car while driving since they've all hit you EOP people already. :lol:

J/K I would never want that to happen to anyone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Excelsior,

I am looking at the picture and wondering why you are parked 25% forward into the other parking spot?

Kind of looks like the Solstice is chasing the other car out of the parking lot, neat effect.

Steve

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swiss said:
Excelsior,

I am looking at the picture and wondering why you are parked 25% forward into the other parking spot?

Kind of looks like the Solstice is chasing the other car out of the parking lot, neat effect.

Steve
I never thought of it that way, but it does seem like it now that you pointed it out. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Excelsior said:
We have a weekly car show in my city that is more of a very large gathering every wednesday throughout the summer. I decided to call in sick from work today and attend.

Upon arrival and driving through the entrance, I immediately had about 15 people walking behind and towards the car as I chose the optimum place to park it for show. They either couldn't believe that they were seeing one, didn't know what the hell it was or were just following the crowd knowing something good was going to be seen.

There were a few people that spent at least an hour or more standing and staring at the car without ever looking at the other cars. A Lamborghini Diablo(yes, a real one) parked right next to me as you can see in the pics.

Three different people pointed out to me that my car was getting more attention than anything else in the lot. And I would agree since I was dying of thirst and couldn't walk to get a drink. :) I thought the diablo would take away some people, but overall it wasn't that bad. They kinda just looked at that in passing on the way to the Solstice. :yesnod:

pics are here
www.ddz.net/solstice/day3

Night shots are hard to take without a tripod, sorry about the blurry.
thats awesome.. the best thing about that is my best friends wants to buy the s2000 and i already bought the solstice..

he is loving my new to be car and is second guessing whether or not to buy his s2000.. hp for hp... the s2000 is a better racing car.. but that is not what i want... i am looking forward to the curves and smooth lines...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts