Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't do any before shots cause there are enough already that I have posted.

www.ddz.net/solstice/14 in the zaino directory

There are different folders for each coat and a final photo shoot folder.

These photos ARE available at full resolution upon request.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
that's great, dori!!! Hilarious...

Ex',

I was going to ask you to zaino half of your car, use maguires or another normal wax on the other half, and don't do anything on the middle 8".

Then take pics with water beading in about six months... :lol:

Oh well. Too late. Car looks awesome :thumbs:

Love the cloud reflections - something very zen-like about that pic...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Looks awesome Excelsior! Even though the blue wasn't at the top of my list, it appears to be the best color to go with the light accents of the car. (polished wheels, door handles, grille, etc..)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Photo Shoot

Excelsior,

As a "student of the detailing game" I salute you! Car looks great, and I know you worked to get it that way. If I may suggest....take your vehicle to a park or golf course and repeat the photo shoot there.

Good Luck with your new Solstice,

Graybird
Aggressive, 1st allocation, 3rd in line

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fine!

That is one fine looking car. I love the pics. The different angles show off the various colors of blue that the light reflects. Very nice. I drove by the plant again this weekend (there were 2 carriers being loaded in the lot). They had all of the colors near the fence. I can say now that there isn't a bad choice among them. The white is my least favorite, but even that looks really good.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You the man Excelsior, looks great :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would like to no how hard was it to work with the Zaino product?
I am an avid car detailer and have never used their product before and was possible going to buy it when I get my SOL. Did the accelerator help cure the wax faster like they say it does? Please give us more feedback on how long ect. By the way your car looks incredible!!!!!!!! Niece wax job :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I would like to no how hard was it to work with the Zaino product?
I am an avid car detailer and have never used their product before and was possible going to buy it when I get my SOL. Did the accelerator help cure the wax faster like they say it does? Please give us more feedback on how long ect. By the way your car looks incredible!!!!!!!! Niece wax job :)
I have used the accelerator before on my current car....and it works great...I generally apply three coats like excel did.....I find it much easier to apply and take off then any other product I have used in the past...with lasting results....two years now since I last used the product on my car....will do again before winter sets in again.....I usually take an afternoon to do the job...but that includes wash, dry, wax, and detail to include cotton swabs in the air outlets to clean them!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Marco said:
Man!, I can see my reflection in the PICTURE of the car. Boy, I need a shave! :lol:
The finish looks GREAT! The hard work really shows. Awesome job.

You've had the Solstice for a few weeks now, can you offer any advice or comments to the other 900+ eagar alum waiting delivery?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was my first experience with Zaino and I have 7 more coats to go! hehehe

Items needed:
Zaino kit 1, Leather in a Bottle, Perfect Tire Gloss and I ordered an extra applicator pad.
A friend or two.
A nice cotton bath towel
A pack of 12 Voom microfiber cloths(Target)
Car wash deterget(use dawn if the car is waxed)
The Absorber
California Blade

Process:
1) Wash car thouroughly and keep wet down to prevent water spots.
2) Clay bar! DO NOT skip this step and take your time and keep it lubricated.
3) Wash a section, clay bar, wash again, rinse.
4) Wet down car and dry thouroughly.
5) Mix 2 ounces of Z5 and the ZFX
6) Apply mix to car in VERY thin coats (using directional, not circles)
7) wait 20 minutes
8) Buff it out with cotton bath towel and or a microfiber.
9) Apply Z6 and prepare to be amazed! (Use one mf to wet and another to dry) and this is where the friend comes in handy! One of you wet with spritzer and the other follows behind and dries.
10) Repeat steps 6-9 two more times.

We did door jambs and hood and trunk area during the last wait period as well as the leather conditioner. We also dropped the top during that time.

Time was around 5 hours total.

·
Registered
383 Posts
EX...youre killing me! Mine is a twin and I have to wait til next year. Oh well..at least you are giving me great wallpaper pics for my computer!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wow, that's sweet!

The best part is the more Zaino you put on the better it gets!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Maybe a silly question...but, is the painted part between the seat headrest (where the pontiac symbol is , above the storage opening) plastic or metal. Can you wax that as well?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
deepdawg said:
Maybe a silly question...but, is the painted part between the seat headrest (where the pontiac symbol is , above the storage opening) plastic or metal. Can you wax that as well?
Good question.

Actually I wonder if you can take a picture of the transparent protective plastic around the butress holes... I'm curious to see how noticeable they are now that you have waxed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts