Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1410 HAS FINALLY FOUND ITS HOME!

I finally got a call today in the morning that my sols is in. I picked it up tonight. One thing is for sure, this car has a sex appeal. The pictures don't do justice to its real self.

Just drove it home, but want to enjoy it over the weekend before temp starts dropping.

Will post review t'w.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
harry said:
#1410 HAS FINALLY FOUND ITS HOME!

I finally got a call today in the morning that my sols is in. I picked it up tonight. One thing is for sure, this car has a sex appeal. The pictures don't do justice to its real self.

Just drove it home, but want to enjoy it over the weekend before temp starts dropping.

Will post review t'w.
Wow, that is a pretty high VIN ... close to Dora-San's (1599) Congrats :thumbs: and post pics :lurk:

PS What color Sol and where are you located?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Uh oh...

DUCK! :lol:

Congrats, Harry! You're just 1 away from my VIN. Awww wait! :devil: Your VIN is AFTER mine, but you got your car BEFORE ME!!! :brentil: :leaving:

:jester: :jester:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Congrads Harry, I'm 1146 in Mass and still waiting. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Wow, that is a pretty high VIN ... close to Dora-San's (1599) Congrats :thumbs: and post pics :lurk:

PS What color Sol and where are you located?
Yes, so perhaps I should get mine next week? :lol:

my dealers ONLY f1k hasn't even made it here yet, so mine might be a while.

I'm still optimisitc about getting it before Halloween, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dori-san said:
Yes, so perhaps I should get mine next week? :lol:

my dealers ONLY f1k hasn't even made it here yet, so mine might be a while.

I'm still optimisitc about getting it before Halloween, but I'm not certain.
Yeah, its tough to estimate because of the shipping/transit times. Looks like the North East is in luck as they seem to be shipped directly by truck from Wilmington, where the rest of the country has to ship by rail. There seem to be a lot of bottle necks in the rail system, which apparently adds weeks to the shipping time.

Dori, I sure hope you get it by Halloween too!

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Well there goes GM pledge to delivered all 1st 1K and ZZ, FM etc before regular allocations are delivered.
I personally do not care but there are going to be others that will really be upset with this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your wishes. I hope you all get your sols very fast. What my dealer told me was that its not the vin#, its the color that determines the preference. So if your vin# is close to someone who got his car, your car may not be next to be delivered. Its also how far are you rom the plant. According to him, Deep and Aggressive had the highest preference. Don't know why.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Congrats! It is hard to follow all the deliveries on the forum but are you the first to report a regular production delivery?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Harry, our dealer is the same in Greenbrook and I can't believe you got your car first. You were what? #13? So much for his stinking list. :brentil:

Congratulations, by the way. I do mean that.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
solli4me said:
Harry, our dealer is the same in Greenbrook and I can't believe you got your car first. You were what? #13? So much for his stinking list. :brentil:

I honestly think they are still color-batching the cars at the plant, Solli... that or Harry bribed your sales manager. :jester: :leaving:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
solli4me said:

Solli, when I got the call thursday morning, I could not beleive it. But when I got there in the evening, I saw that the saledguy was not lying. Mush to my surprise, he even told me that mine was the second that he was delivering that day. He had received 2 and the first was picked up in the afternoon.

I really thought that it was you Solli. But it doesn't seem like it. My friend who also had ordered one of the first allocations from him was with me. He didn't get his either. His color is Sly. What's your color, Solli?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I ordered Cool, and I'm :brentil: When I was offered the Free Maintenance from GM (as consolation for getting bumped out of the 1st 1000 - their glitch, not mine) I called Greenbrook to speak with Brian at length and get released from my order. He would not return my deposit instead assured me I'd be # 4 on his list. :brentil:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
solli4me said:
I ordered Cool, and I'm :brentil: When I was offered the Free Maintenance from GM (as consolation for getting bumped out of the 1st 1000 - their glitch, not mine) I called Greenbrook to speak with Brian at length and get released from my order. He would not return my deposit instead assured me I'd be # 4 on his list. :brentil:
He may be right by saying that then. But who knew Pontiac will have to preference the production by color and leather/non-leather, etc.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, its tough to estimate because of the shipping/transit times. Looks like the North East is in luck as they seem to be shipped directly by truck from Wilmington, where the rest of the country has to ship by rail. There seem to be a lot of bottle necks in the rail system, which apparently adds weeks to the shipping time.

Dori, I sure hope you get it by Halloween too!
Dengel,any info on your car ?

The north east cars are coming directly by truck, but I think the problem is once the bottle necking started it's hard for them to catch up, maybe 6 mths or longer. Thats because they don't have use of all the carriers, they are limited because of clearence. So the bottle necking gets worst instead of better, them worst again and don't forget this is the only car coming out of Wilmington they are not going to ship 5 cars on a carrier so they hold them instead of sending two or three different states to fill the truck, I believe this is what they should be doing, mix Ma, with CT and maybe RI or NH, NY.It might take a few hrs longer maybe 24 (Still 1 day)instead of 6-8 but so what at least they are getting the cars shipped. I worked at a trucking compay years ago and did dispatch, this isn't the trucking company's fault, they can only ship what GM tells them to. GM has to learn how to utilize the carriers better or it's going to get worst.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
The free maintenance offer was a way for GM to apologize for their software problems when the nationwide frenzy began at 2:00pm on 4/15/05. Apparently my order went through shortly after 2:00pm which confirmed me as a 1st 1,000 order but some numbers were missing and I was disqualified. Same thing for the zero zippers. I'm in NJ -zip code begins with 0 - software didn't recognize it. What I'd like to know is why they didn't give it to me anyway. First allocation cars have been delivered to people who ordered two months later. That's how I "qualified". :cuss:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
solli4me said:
The free maintenance offer was a way for GM to apologize for their software problems when the nationwide frenzy began at 2:00pm on 4/15/05. Apparently my order went through shortly after 2:00pm which confirmed me as a 1st 1,000 order but some numbers were missing and I was disqualified. Same thing for the zero zippers. I'm in NJ -zip code begins with 0 - software didn't recognize it. What I'd like to know is why they didn't give it to me anyway. First allocation cars have been delivered to people who ordered two months later. That's how I "qualified". :cuss:

:agree:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I posted this on another thread Sat. I saw a Pontiac display at a mall in Rochester,NY on Sat morning and did a U-turn nearly killing my family, to get into the mall. They had a black Sol and the Sales rep told me he had taken 8 orders and delivered 3 already--NONE 1K's, none red, all Slys and Cools. so much for any theory on color batching with Aggressive being first. By the way, the one they had was a 1K car that the dealership had ordered, or so the rep says. Mine was ordered(Aggressive) on 6/1 and I still don't even have an event code. Wouldn't mind getting to 1100 just so I know GM is interested in selling me one!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts