Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

#1411 is now in Jacksonville,FL

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  solstice1319 
#1 ·
#1411 (20 miles on delivery) has safely been driven from Troy, MI (Detroit area) to Jacksonville, FL

Thanks again Plasmaloaf. - http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6534

What a vehicle, I flew from Jax to Detroit Friday morning, landed in Detroit at 12:30PM and took a cab to the dealership where (after 30 minutes) I was on I-75 for a grueling 1100 mile journey home.

I did stop for the night at my brother's house (knoxville) arrived there at midnight and then woke up Saturday morning and drove (I-75) to Jax.

Great car - what a great feeling, when everyone stares or gives you a thumbs up.

Sly - Two Tone/polished rims -- all options except XM/6 disc.

#2 ·
gator99 said:
#1411 (20 miles on delivery) has safely been driven from Troy, MI (Detroit area) to Jacksonville, FL

Thanks again Plasmaloaf. - http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6534

What a vehicle, I flew from Jax to Detroit Friday morning, landed in Detroit at 12:30PM and took a cab to the dealership where (after 30 minutes) I was on I-75 for a grueling 1100 mile journey home.

I did stop for the night at my brother's house (knoxville) arrived there at midnight and then woke up Saturday morning and drove (I-75) to Jax.

Great car - what a great feeling, when everyone stares or gives you a thumbs up.

Sly - Two Tone/polished rims -- all options except XM/6 disc.
Congrats. :grouphug:

What a way to get over the break-in period. :lol:

#6 ·
Congratulations. Have a safe journey back home, and enjoy the ride. :party: :party:

#7 ·
Thanks everyone - it certainly was a great trip home (all 1100+ miles).

My wife is now the official driver, I will have to steal it away when I want to drive (shouldn't be too much of a problem - this car is our 3rd car and mainly for weekend driving) -- All I can say is what a difference for both of us, She drives a Toyota Tundra and I have a Tahoe. It has been 6+ years since I had a small car (RX-7 - me and she had an eclipse) this thing fits like a glove.

I am 6' tall, 230 llbs and I fit just fine.

By the way the weather was great, but I forgot the sunblock and I am a little sun burnt from the trip.

Great car though

#8 ·
gator99: Congratulations on your arrival 10/14. Sorry I'm late, missed the announcement. :party:

That was so cool how you thanked plasmaloaf for giving you the opportunity. You need to get with Nix Sol and dori-san and cruise the city together. Maybe the three of you could do a drive-on at a NFL game.

Have fun!

#9 ·
Thanks gizmo2004 - plasmaloaf made my day when I saw his post and talked with him (a pleasure to deal with) anyway - I will be looking for dori and nix on the road soon enough -- thanks again.

#10 ·
Three J'ville cars. All Sly two tone cars. Most people in the city are going to be thinking that it is one car that just drives ALLOT!!!!

HAHAHA!!!!!

Give me a couple of months guys and a Deep will be chugging around as well.

#11 ·
congrats

Wow quite a nice breakin drive. Another Fla. Sol.
Waiting for ours which goes to my wife.. :party: :party:

#12 · (Edited)
dealernut - I thought dori's was a pure/black interior are you refering to someone else?

By the way, how many from your dealership are on the road?

JerryM - I will be in your neck of the woods later this year, my wife is from Tampa area and her parents have a timeshare on Madeira Beach beach

#13 ·
lets get together

Let me know when you are coming down. We will get together have a beer :cheers: and let our wives take us for a ride.

#14 ·
I think Dori's is red.

I forgot about him.

We have delivered 4 cars(all 1st kers). One of them you will never see except for two months out of the year. The other three are all Sly w/ two tone leather.

I have a Mysterious on the way that should be here in the next week.

HAHAHA!!!! Well actually they just pulled it into the dealership showroom.

#16 ·
JerryM - no problem.

dealernut - if the mysterious is still there tomorrow, I'll have to swing buy - I have yet to see that color or deep in person (those where my alternate color choices) I think I would have really liked deep though -

#17 ·
Mine will be Deep.

The balck one might not make it through the night. The customer said that they are going to come in tonight. Whether they actually do is yet to be seen.

#18 ·
gizmo2004 said:
I've been looking, I cannot find when Nix Sol announced his arrival. How about it, Nix? When did you receive yours?

Why only two months of the year, dealernut? A snowbird?

I am Nix Sol salesman. He got his car last week. He has been slacking on the board ever since.

Yes. He lives in New York and bought this car for when he was down here.

#20 ·
I was picking on him the other day about it. He said that he still reads the post, but he hasn't been able to chime in.

I still want an accounting on how he likes the car. I know the other day when we were gassing it up we pulled up next to a miata at the gas station. They were completely enamored with Vicki. You saw the two guys whispering "what is that car?"

HAHA!!!

#21 ·
Well, I do believe I've chimed in a little about how much I love my car... I LOVE VICKI. I also (today) posted some thoughts on the little "side pockets". Dori and I got together yesterday but we didn't take any pictures. I tried getting in my trunk (again) and was a tad bit more successful. But I still can't fit. I'm really close. (The trick is you have to face the rear of the vehicle but my shoulders are too wide) We also tested the range on my Transpod with A) No antenna B) Nick as an antenna and, C) Nick's antenna. Nick as an antenna worked suprisingly well... Then we went for a short little drive (passed a guy in a Fiero, and , I think, blew his mind) It was kindof rainey and stuff but still fun. The heater in this car works really good too! Anyway, my car (907, or Vicki) was delivered Wednesday, October 12th, but I picked it up on the 18th because I had some financial things to do. Have basuically been driving her and working non-stop since then (Did have a hot date on Saturday in it ;) see this thread for more details about that... :devil: ) Anyway, I've just sortof been lurking around here and seeing what everyone else thinks about our babies. Basically I can sum how I feel about my in 3 words: I love Vicki.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.