Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

150 in but damaged

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  SATCH 
#1 ·
my car finally came in, but it was damaged a bit in transport. The rocker panel got a small ding and the rim was scratched. A tire was also blown out. I will finally be able to drive it when they get it fixed next week.

#2 ·
physixman said:
my car finally came in, but it was damaged a bit in transport. The rocker panel got a small ding and the rim was scratched. A tire was also blown out. I will finally be able to drive it when they get it fixed next week.
Man that really inhales..... so close yet so far huh.... well Hopefully it will be repaired and you won;t be able to tell, but i think the dealer should give you a discount for being damaged goods...or at least throw in a free oil change or something.

#4 ·
It's not that uncommon to have a car suffer some damage in transit. Sounds like yours is not that bad. Do you know whether they replacing the damaged rim? Can they use a paintless dent removal method on the rocker? Hope they fix it up to your satisfaction!

#8 ·
should be no problem. The dent should be able to be fixed paintless. The scuff will require sanding and painting, but it is VERY low on the car. The rim is being replaced. The dealership is treating me well. This even after I had an entire radio system stolen from them 10 years ago and promising never to go there again. I guess we should never say never.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear that happened to your car, but Congratulations on geting it. :party:

#13 ·
physixman: so that would be a confirmed delivery today 10/15, right?

conGRATulaTIONS! You're in the big league now.

Picked mine up about 3 this afternoon, announced with my own thread.

We gotta rendezvous, but the next few days are BUSY, last extension for 1040s expires Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.