Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer (Crown Pontiac in Saint Petersburg, Florida) called me today to say my "Cool" Sol will be in Tampa this Friday. The car is event 4200 and was originally due to be delivered to me 10/14. I just hope Hurricane Wilma doesn't damage the car before I get it! I can't believe it ... another category 5 hurricane?!?! I think I'll move to Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
vlevick said:
My dealer (Crown Pontiac in Saint Petersburg, Florida) called me today to say my "Cool" Sol will be in Tampa this Friday. The car is event 4200 and was originally due to be delivered to me 10/14. I just hope Hurricane Wilma doesn't damage the car before I get it! I can't believe it ... another category 5 hurricane?!?! I think I'll move to Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, all you have to worry about there are tornados!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vlevick,
I work in Largo. Send me a PM if you are willing to show your car. I have yet to see one live. Mine is statused as "shipped" also, but the wait continues. Thanks.
Cwh55

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I thought going on vacation would get my car to show up....when I'm gone.

To my surprise it didn't.

But bad weather seems to attract Solstice's.

Some of the people in NJ (Mceb ie) are getting their's in time for the rain, Gizmo got his in warm temps and now Florida are getting them complete with a hurricane.

Hopefully its just the weather (didn't Cali just get rain?), and hopefully its not Mother Nature in general.
Earthquakes in California....isn't Mount St Helens about ready to blow?.....perhaps a traincar arriving in Washington.

I'm joking of course!

I wonder how snowfall may affect deliveries? :lol:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Marco said:
I wonder how snowfall may affect deliveries? :lol:
Hey Marco, dont even go there brother! you are going to get me depressed even more than I am now! :(

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It seems like forum members are getting them in bunches.

About 4 weeks ago we had a surge of Sol's and now most of the 1K and some other deserving forum members are getting them.

I wish this could have happened about 2 months ago around the time that Excelsior got his. I would imagine there would have been some meets by now.

Hilton Head seems like its going to be fun, but its a little early.

Regional get togethers by present and future forum members are going to be a blast without all the driving required by the HH event.

·
Registered
230 Posts
vlevick said:
I hope there's another Cool one on the truck, next stop Dade City. Don't worry about Wilma, wont be here til Saturday, gives you time to show it off. Woo Hoo.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations to one more Florida Solstice owner, enjoy your new wheels. :party: :party:

·
Registered
178 Posts
vlevick said:

Congradulations!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
Congradulations!
... and you'll get YOUR Solstice when you learn how to spell "Congratulations" :jester:

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Sol is in Production

Congrats on the delivery date.
Hopefully WILMA will stay away. I live in Maderia Beach and lost ny roof last year in Jeanne.

My dealer Autoway Pontiac called me last week and gave me the word that my car was in production. No delivery date yet.
Mysterious all mods except smoker package.

Sounds like we will have a few cars in the Tampa Bay area. Need to see about some activities for a Fla Chapter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well...my dealer called this afternoon and my car is now in Saint Petersburg at the dealership - Crown Pontiac. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow at 11:00am. It came in to Tampa Friday afternoon and was delayed being trucked across the bay to St. Pete. because of Hurricane Wilma. I've got to get some new batteries for the digital camera tonight!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations! Finally a Solstice in Pinellas County!
Cwh55

1 - 16 of 16 Posts