Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#17 DILIVERED ON TODAY 13AUG05

Yes It’s True!!!!! I left Raleigh (NC) for a brief respite on the coast.
The General Manager at my local dealership rang me on my cell with the Good News!
I called a friend back in Raleigh, and fifteen minutes later she rang and advised that she was looking at #17. That #17 was parked in a plexie glass box in the showroom (secured from the public). Trust me, this is not a joke. I will post pictures as soon as possible.

By the way the GM advised three other SOLSTICE were on the truck for delivery elsewhere.

Thank you to all the members of the SOLSTICE FORUM, this would not have been possible without this wonderful forum.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
:grouphug: :grouphug: :)
Congrats!! We need pictures of the Sol-in-the-box!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations 555-0017

Now just start counting Solstices in order to fall asleep.

Keep us posted of your pick up experience :cheers:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
555 said:

The General Manager at my local dealership rang me on my cell with the Good News!
I called a friend back in Raleigh, and fifteen minutes later she rang and advised that she was looking at #17. That #17 was parked in a plexie glass box in the showroom (secured from the public). Trust me, this is not a joke. I will post pictures as soon as possible.

By the way the GM advised three other SOLSTICE were on the truck for delivery elsewhere.

Thank you to all the members of the SOLSTICE FORUM, this would not have been possible without this wonderful forum.
Wow, wouldn't it be great to park the Solstice in a Plexi-Glass Box at the mall. (Could sell raffle tickets.........GREED IS GOOD!)
:lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Congrats! Maybe their delivering them in numerical order! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Congratulations!!! It's good to hear that the Solstices are landing at the dealerships. I'm still holding for mine, but I'm told it is close. Is sure hope they're right.

·
Registered
528 Posts
555 said:

What was your build date? It looks like 17 days for people in NC from build date to delivery? Let us know.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Still waiting for word...
Either 555 has picked it up and is spending the weekend driving, or has camped out at the dealership awaiting delivery of the keys. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats. Next week is going to be big on deliveries :thumbs:

·
Registered
600 Posts
:agree:

Congrats again! Enjoy the drive and the Sol in the Box!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
"Sigh," she said. "One by one, they're taking off..."

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
congrats!

This is going to your wife, if I'm not mistaken......I hope she enjoys it too!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Long Night, Long Day, Long Night, I saw # 17

Last night and today were two of the longest periods of my life. I am confident that Solstice Forum members are completely aware of how I was feeling. We retuned to Raleigh on this afternoon. You guessed it I drove directly to the dealership, pulled up looked through the service bay windows. Oh yeah!!! #17, it was like a dream, it’s unreal, the only Solstice in this city. Okay one more long night.

TerpFan, in response to your question, I don’t know, it was necessary for me to employ mental strategies in order to survive the wait. One of my strategies was to just let it happen, I stopped following the specifics so closely, I guess that’s the reason, I became aware of party two or three nights prior.

I am very happy, but there is a guilty feeling accompanying my joy, I wish all of us could have received our vehicles within the same week. One of the primary reasons I felt the need to post was to share and offer the other members a mental boost.

While that dealer in GREENVILLE North Carolina embarrasses me, not all dealerships in North Carolina conduct business in that manner. The dealership I shared my business with has been great from he inception.

MEMBER FOR LIFE!

·
Registered
528 Posts
555, please post when you get your new baby home! I'm guessing mine should hit sometime next week if yours was built the last week in July. We are all excited for you. Hey, if you don't mind showing your new car, let me know if you would be willing to have a free lunch on me in Cary. You will have to pick me up in the new car of course :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
A Solstice in a Box, that is great. This is a dealer that was really thinking and planning ahead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts