Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#17 is in my possession; I completed the deal on yesterday (15AUG05). Man I prayed often and received my Solstice. The sales manager that initiated the EOP possess on my behalf is a gentleman by the name of James Bennett. He is currently the sales manager at Hendricks’s Pontiac in Cary North Carolina. On yesterday I named my christened and listed the name of my Solstice on the scroll as Lord Bennett XVII. I have pictures that I am interesting in posting.But I don/t have a means of posting the images on the forum.

For the members in the area that would like to see Lord Bennett XVII, up close in personal, it will be on display on Friday 19AUG05 at Hendricks’s Pontiac in Cary North Carolina between 11:00am and 5:00pm.

Actually James Bennett previously was the sales manager at Thompson’s Cadillac Pontiac, prior to his departure he referred my file to Robert Shaw, (sales person). Robert ensured that the process went smoothly. While preparing to gain possession of Lord Bennett XVII, I noticed my wife talking and laughing with a very cordial and charming lady (owner of the dealership’s wife). Thompson’s sold me Lord Bennett XVII at the suggested price, Robert advised that the owner of Thompson’s Cadillac Pontiac (Raleigh NC) would never allow a customer to be mistreated with bad business ethics.

Hey! Last night I realized just how tired and stressed I’ve been.

·
Registered
383 Posts
A lil strange..maybe you still need more sleep. But hey..who could blame you. I wone be able to sleep once I get mine either! Congrats! :party:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hey 555, my offer for a free lunch still stands! I too am waiting for my Solstice from Hendrick Pontiac. If you can manage a lunch get away, let me know. Else I will come by on Friday to see your new baby! Congratulations!!

Oh, what time did you pick it up? Did you beat Excel.; he was clocked in after 12 p.m.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
555 said:
yesterday I named my christened and listed the name of my Solstice on the scroll as Lord Bennett XVII.
Hopefully that didn't involve bashing it with a bottle of champagne like they do with boats. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey, congrats on getting the car! Many are still waiting. Maybe I'll be able to get some sleep when mine gets here. Thinking I'll spend the first 24hrs in the car. Probably the only way I'll get some sleep. :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hendricks in Cary on Friday

TerpFan said:
Hey 555, my offer for a free lunch still stands! I too am waiting for my Solstice from Hendrick Pontiac. If you can manage a lunch get away, let me know. Else I will come by on Friday to see your new baby! Congratulations!!

Oh, what time did you pick it up? Did you beat Excel.; he was clocked in after 12 p.m.

TerpFan,

I attempted to post a reply on Sunday night and something went wrong. I would be more than happy to meet up.

My vehicle will be on display Hendricks in Cary on Friday, otherwise lets plan a meet date.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
yesterday I named my christened and listed the name of my Solstice on the scroll as Lord Bennett XVII
That's a long name for such a short car. I'd give it a nickname: LB17 or Lord Ben or Bennie. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Congratualtions 555. :thumbs:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats 555 on getting yor car. With Sly now in production I'm getting more hopeful.

I slept in the first new car I ever purchased, a 1983 Pontiac 2000, in my parents' driveway that first night. While a smallish car, it had reclining seats and wasn't so bad. I was smaller then too. I'm afraid that may be difficult in my new Sol (whenever it arrives). Maybe I'll take the day off and see how far I can get in 24 hours. And then turn around and come home.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Great photos! James called me on Monday and wanted to know if I wanted to meet you and see the car. I thought he was talking about meeting up with you on Monday, so I told him that I couldn't because I was in Atlanta. Now that I'm back in town, I'll see you on Friday! Car looks great! Owner looks relieved!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, and enjoy the ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts