Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends:
Well, the time has come to start to reinvent the previously planned NASSAM for Rapid City. Here is the basic information:

Dates: June 26-July 1, 2022.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: 2022 NASSAM Rapid City (26 June - 1 July 2022)

Hope you get to Michigan in just a month or so, if not, maybe we'll see you next year.

Rick and Karen

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I think maybe we should work with one shipping company for those that want to have their cars shipped there? Like those of us in MI want to go, but it's just too long of a drive in our cars and with the age and mileage now, it's to the point where issue might arise on such a long trip. Just throwing this out there as we were discussing it this last weekend at the MKC cruise.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100 (sold)
2,735 Posts
Like those of us in MI want to go, but it's just too long of a drive in our cars and with the age and mileage now
Um, you're the same distance away as the organizers. I know you're spoiled with having it in your backyard this year, but in 2015 when it was in our backyard, it was still a 250 mile drive to get there. This will be the 3rd closest NASSAM ever to me, and one of those was in 2008 (Vegas) before i had a Kappa.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Um, you're the same distance away as the organizers. I know you're spoiled with having it in your backyard this year, but in 2015 when it was in our backyard, it was still a 250 mile drive to get there. This will be the 3rd closest NASSAM ever to me, and one of those was in 2008 (Vegas) before i had a Kappa.
Michigan folks may be as far away as we (the organizers) are, but we have a trailer for the car...so there are those of us trying to minimize miles on the Kappas. Also, let's try to avoid using language like calling folks "spoiled" shall we please?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I was disappointed when this event was canceled last year. Looking forward to going next year. We will be driving from eastern WI. See you all in Michigan!!!

Reactions: showtime and sirwm

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
soon... info from Facebook ->

...should have the website up by September 1st. ... Likely start registration on October 1st. ( 2021 ) ...

·
Premium Member
17,888 Posts
Let us know when we can get hotel reservations please. I am anticipating several RMSSC members will be signing up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know when we can get hotel reservations please. I am anticipating several RMSSC members will be signing up.
Will do Rob. Sorry folks, I should have posted the poster on the forums. Thanks for doing that guys. :) I have all of the website updates complete, we just have some proofreading and we'll get things up shortly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Our website is up. Event registration will begin October 1, 2021 so there is no page for that right now. The hotel reservation page will be updated shortly with the link for online reservations below. You may call the hotel to reserve a room if you wish at the phone number provided on the website. You may stay three days prior to and after the event at the event rate, but for those changes you must call the hotel.

You will find information for the event now at nassam2022.com.

Hotel Reservations - Once the page loads change your dates and you should get several options. Rapid City Hotels | Best Western Ramkota Hotel | Hotels in Rapid City SD

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
Got my room reserved ! :cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Friends:

Please note that you may now register for NASSAM 2022! This is the same process as was used for the previously postponed NASSAM 2020 which worked well. That said, please read and follow the directions carefully. :)

Event Registration:

Run Sign-Up

And please note, we'll need some volunteers to lead runs and help in the registration room, if you are available please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Rick and Karen

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
Please note that you may now register for NASSAM 2022!...
Hi - is the t-shirt going to be gray ? will the t-shirt say '15th' or '17th' ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey there folks, well we have our first ten cars signed up for 2022 in Rapid City. Sorry, but there is no prize for that. Registration information is at the links below.

Two things...first, if you'd like to volunteer in the registration room or more importantly as a run captain please email us at [email protected]...second, your receipt from a credit card or PayPal may say NASSAM 2020, please ignore the "2020", there seem to be a few things we just couldn't get the system to change. Here are the links...

Event Registration: https://www.nassam2022.com/store

Run Sign-Up https://www.nassam2022.com/runs

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, lots going on right now. We have 18 cars signed up with 29 people coming. Runs are also starting to fill up.
Please make sure to register sooner than later. Also, please register for the event prior to requesting spots on the runs. This is a sort of first come, first served kinda thing.

Lastly, don't forget to make hotel reservations. You do not have to stay at the Best Western, a couple of folks will likely be camping and a couple at other local hotels. If you are at the BW with us, remember that if you want to come early or stay late you'll get the room rate, but you must make those reservations by calling the hotel.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good Morning: Well we have a couple more registrations, up to 27. Hey, someone asked about wildlife along the Custer State Park Run...as I explained we have seen a couple of bison, but you will want to watch out for other friendly creatures along the way. If you want to see herds of bison, you'll want to go on the Custer State Park Scenic drive which is NOT one of our runs, but worth the tour. It is a loop off of our Custer State Park Run, but added too much time for a group of 15 cars.

Rick and Karen

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi folks, over on the Sky Forum someone asked when we would be closing registration...here you go...

Let me give you a somewhat complicated answer...

1. If you wish to order t-shirts, posters and/or patches as a part of your registration we need to know by April 1, 2022.
2. We have to turn unused rooms back to the hotel on May 12, 2022.
3. We have to provide final numbers for the social events (Meet and Greet, Ice Cream Social and Banquet) on June 1, 2022.

So please do us a favor and try to get registered by March 1, 2022...there is some planning on our part besides all of the above. :)

Rick and Karen

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
358 Posts
Hi folks, over on the Sky Forum someone asked when we would be closing registration...here you go...

Let me give you a somewhat complicated answer...

1. If you wish to order t-shirts, posters and/or patches as a part of your registration we need to know by April 1, 2022.
2. We have to turn unused rooms back to the hotel on May 12, 2022.
3. We have to provide final numbers for the social events (Meet and Greet, Ice Cream Social and Banquet) on June 1, 2022.

So please do us a favor and try to get registered by March 1, 2022...there is some planning on our part besides all of the above. :)

Rick and Karen
My Goodness, I'd love to attend this.
I'll actually be in the general area two weeks prior to this event for a week for a Valkyrie National event but, I'll be dogged if I know how to ride my Valkyrie and drive my Solstice at the same time. Things just don't seem to be working out for me to do both. Maybe next year. Here's a bump for what sounds like a wonderful event.

Rams

·
Premium Member
17,888 Posts
Rams,
Trailer them both! We trailer both our cars, tools, lift, parts etc to these events and they are a great time.

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
358 Posts
Rams,
Trailer them both! We trailer both our cars, tools, lift, parts etc to these events and they are a great time.
Rob,
I did consider doing that, my trailer (similar to your's) will handle the Solstice and both Valkyries but, I've already committed to a group ride from Southern Mississippi to Billings, MT. Seven to ten Valkyries on the asphalt and me in my Ram one ton towing that gooseneck would not be the same experience. Additionally, the Valkyrie group will be taking a lot of back two (and one lane) roads that aren't nearly as much fun in my Ram with a loaded trailer. There's also the time gap between the two events. The Valkyrie event starts on the 12th of June (Sunday) and ends on the following Friday. That leaves two weeks between the two events. That's two additional weeks of hotels, eating out and that's a bit beyond what I'm willing to spend of my play money.
I'm just glad to learn there is a national event and will try to make it in the future. If I can ever get that trailer hitch I ordered, then I can tow one of my Valkyries behind the Solstice. That seems like the way to go to me. :D

Rams

1 - 20 of 36 Posts