Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,538 Posts
I have been looking at customs as none the available premise solutions “float” my boat.
Please keep us apprised.
so far I am down to Rotoform and US Mags but man they are ridiculous money for rims on a car this inexpensive… also have been surprised on the weight options. I would have thought the customs would not be as heavy as I have been finding..

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking at customs as none the available premise solutions “float” my boat.
Please keep us apprised.
so far I am down to Rotoform and US Mags but man they are ridiculous money for rims on a car this inexpensive… also have been surprised on the weight options. I would have thought the customs would not be as heavy as I have been finding..
Yeah ... None of the lightweight wheels come in our bolt pattern... The lightest I can find so far for less than a grand per corner that isn't off-brand or hideous is the M52 by Enkei:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel

... And these are still not super lightweight 🥺

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,538 Posts
If memory serves At 21.8lbs that lighter than stock by about 3lbs.

the customs I have been looking at are estimating around 30lbs on an 18x8.
Is this the new trend, heavy rims just for looks.

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
97 Posts
Following this thread just to learn more about the topic. While I don't mind what came on my Solstice, I was hoping there might be some other options. Similar to the OP, I'm not finding them.

Rams

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Stock chrome wheel = 26 lbs.
Q9Y wheel = 23 lbs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't the Enkei PF01's fit in the 18x8 +40 5x110? Those might be some of the lightest. I'm about to order some for my solstice.

I also found Momo etna's in a 18x8 +40 5x110 with matching center bore of 65.1. However I can't find the weight of these anywhere.
Tempted to go with these but no clue how light/heavy they are.

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
97 Posts
Don't the Enkei PF01's fit in the 18x8 +40 5x110? Those might be some of the lightest. I'm about to order some for my solstice.

I also found Momo etna's in a 18x8 +40 5x110 with matching center bore of 65.1. However I can't find the weight of these anywhere.
I've been doing quite a bit of searching for a different set of wheels for my Solstice. I guess I'm hard to please. I'd like to go with some chrome wheels but, everything is spoked and I'm not into that style. I've never understood why folks want their brake calipers to be on display. To each their own. I can live with the stock version that came on it but, will continue looking for something different.

Rams

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been doing quite a bit of searching for a different set of wheels for my Solstice. I guess I'm hard to please. I'd like to go with some chrome wheels but, everything is spoked and I'm not into that style. I've never understood why folks want their brake calipers to be on display. To each their own. I can live with the stock version that came on it but, will continue looking for something different.

Rams
I do not need my brake calipers on display, but I am going with a brembo big brake kit so I do need air flow to them and I need wheels that have enough offset and spacing of the spokes that I can clear said brakes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do not need my brake calipers on display, but I am going with a brembo big brake kit so I do need air flow to them and I need wheels that have enough offset and spacing of the spokes that I can clear said brakes.
That works for me, didn't mean it as a slam, just not something for me, I did say to each their own..

Rams

·
Registered
26 Posts

Update from my post. The Enkei pf01's are supposedly not being made anymore and will be discontinued per fitment industries when I tried to order these over the weekend.

Looks like I'm going with the Momo etna's 18x8 +40 5x110. I did hear back from MoMo and they weigh 19.7 lb each. Got them for $870 total.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts