Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of a rant to relieve the anxiety.
:rant:

Been giving this some thought for some time (like 5+ months)... anyhow...
Many of us are in the 1st 1000 limited edition Solstices, which is great! Some have their cars and are thrilled, some have them and have questions, and many of us (yours truly inc.) are waiting as patiently as possible.
So... nobody bats 1.000 (excuse the baseball term as ref), and I don't expect Pontiac/GM to.
No matter what, all 1000 cars will not be perfect, but I keep telling myself that one of the reasons, hopefully the BEST reason, that we ALL don't have our car is that GM is doing whatever it takes to bring them up to their highest standard.
If 99% of us are happy... wonderful!.. 95%... still great! I just hope that if I'm destined to fall in the 'not so happy' category of 5% or so, that any corrections will be made ASAP & without questions, and something will be learned from it.
Advancements in technology are light years ahead of when GM took its last leap from 'concept' to 'production' and no car manufacturer has ever done it this quickly.
I hope they REALLY got it right this time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
lepiane said:

Many of us are in the 1st 1000 limited edition Solstices, which is great! Some have their cars and are thrilled, some have them and have questions, and many of us (yours truly inc.) are waiting as patiently as possible.
So... nobody bats 1.000 (excuse the baseball term as ref), and I don't expect Pontiac/GM to.
No matter what, all 1000 cars will not be perfect, but I keep telling myself that one of the reasons, hopefully the BEST reason, that we ALL don't have our car is that GM is doing whatever it takes to bring them up to their highest standard.
If 99% of us are happy... wonderful!.. 95%... still great! I just hope that if I'm destined to fall in the 'not so happy' category of 5% or so, that any corrections will be made ASAP & without questions, and something will be learned from it.
Advancements in technology are light years ahead of when GM took its last leap from 'concept' to 'production' and no car manufacturer has ever done it this quickly.
Well I can tell you I am in the 99%, it was worth the wait, had some problems, but they were addressed by the dealer immediately. All I can tell you is I think you will be truly thrilled after you receive the car, even if you have some problems.

Our SOl is the 3rd car in a 2 car family, just me and my wife, kids are gone. Every night when I park my truck I go over to the 3rd bay just to look at it. It is truly beautiful. Look forward to every weekend just to drive it. It is without a doubt the most fun car I have ever driven. It is also my 1st roadster after many years of wanting one. Hang in there, if the car has some problems and your dealer is anything like mine they will take care of the issues immediately. Good luck and congrats on your purchase, you'll love it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lepiane said:

Put your rose colored glasses on and don't worry 'til you get your car and find problems; hopefully there won't be any :)
I remember sitting in a famous & posh dealership in my neck of the woods and this costumer who had recently taken delivery of a brand new Rolls Royce called complaining that the grille had rust :cuss: . . . .
I hope you get my point that even the most expensive car manufacturers have problems with their cars :yesnod:
Have a little more patience, take delivery of your new ride and enjoy your life . . . . .
Wow . . . . did I write all this? :willy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts