Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

661 - 680 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still here #254, but ready to sell. I'm the original owner, but don't use it and probably should have sold it 10 or more years ago. Garaged for years, driven occasionally to keep the liquids flowing, etc. Also, just put new tires on and sitting around 25K miles. Any suggestions or advice on where / how to sell?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
VIN 000001 is still checking in once in a while. Original owner received car at launch party.
I actually sat in your beautiful Solstice in June 2006. And your son sat in my Sly named MARiSOL. You can ask the moderators to merge your two user names together, back to your VINNY #000001.

Nice to "see" you, at this very proper "Social Distance."
:oops:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I have #918, bought it new, Its my summer driver, but because of virus have not had it out yet this year.
Welcome to the Solstice Forum, Ken. You have a real treasure there. May I ask your date of delivery, city, and state? It is for my list of 2006 model year.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Still here #254, but ready to sell. I'm the original owner, but don't use it and probably should have sold it 10 or more years ago. Garaged for years, driven occasionally to keep the liquids flowing, etc. Also, just put new tires on and sitting around 25K miles. Any suggestions or advice on where / how to sell?
Congratulations on being one of the F1K, first 1,000. Did your forum name used to be JoePA96? May I ask in which city do you live? It's for my list of 2006 model year.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Hello Roadking, I see you joined the Solstice Forum recently, a late welcome to you. Congratulations on owning that beautiful F1K, First 1000. May I ask what date you took delivery, color of car, city and state of residence? It is for my list of 2006 model year.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts

Just Adopted learning what I can. Car came from Georgia and has now retired in Sunny Florida!
Doesn't EVERYONE retire to Sunny Florida?
:rolleyes:
May I ask in which city you live? And what color is your beautiful Solstice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
#918 had a very odd delivery path! I did not know about the apprentice at the time they did the Solstice. I live in NJ, but no dealers in NJ could get a car for me. I found 918 at a dealer in Indianapolis, apparently the winner did not accept delivery. I bought it on the phone ! Chuck Mallet actually picked it up for me when he was out in Indianapolis. He trailered it to his shop in Ohio. I took a bus to ohio and picked it up from him. I'll have to pull the paperwork, to get the exact date. I think it was october 2005, but not sure of date. I have the paperwork in my file.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Interesting story, Ken. I don't suppose you got a V-8 installed while Chuck had it? :oops:
What color and what city, please? Don't worry about the date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually I wrote the tuning software Chuck used. Chuck actually used 918 to develop his badging before I got to his place to pick it up. I did intend to have it upgraded, and it has a Mallet #002 badge on the dash, and the very early pontiac/mallet badges that Pontiac made him stop using. He also added springs to the posi, It is really tight. The tires chirp on tight turns like pulling out of my garage. I wanted to get it through NJ inspection before the swap, since NJ is a real stickler. So I drove it back to NJ, and went through the state process, enjoyed the car for a little bit and figured I would take it back for an update over the winter. Chucks car #001 was in a couple of magazines and he got really busy, So it never made it back to him.

Sly, Posi, two toned interior. Morristown, NJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Roadking, I see you joined the Solstice Forum recently, a late welcome to you. Congratulations on owning that beautiful F1K, First 1000. May I ask what date you took delivery, color of car, city and state of residence? It is for my list of 2006 model year.

Gray. SE Michigan Dec 20, 2019

·
Registered
416 Posts
Actually I wrote the tuning software Chuck used. Chuck actually used 918 to develop his badging before I got to his place to pick it up. I did intend to have it upgraded, and it has a Mallet #002 badge on the dash, and the very early pontiac/mallet badges that Pontiac made him stop using. He also added springs to the posi, It is really tight. The tires chirp on tight turns like pulling out of my garage. I wanted to get it through NJ inspection before the swap, since NJ is a real stickler. So I drove it back to NJ, and went through the state process, enjoyed the car for a little bit and figured I would take it back for an update over the winter. Chucks car #001 was in a couple of magazines and he got really busy, So it never made it back to him.

Sly, Posi, two toned interior. Morristown, NJ
Hi Ken, Welcome to the forum! You updated by ECU a couple of years ago to get the cruise control working on my car (2006 Mallet #024) Glad to see you are still enjoying your car! I would love to see the pictures of the early Pontiac/Mallet badges I don't think I have ever seen them, or even heard about that aspect of the project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How is Mallet #24 running? Chuck had all the Pontiac badge
S6A 061.jpg
s on the car modified as in the attached picture on the first 4 or 5 cars. He then received a "cease and desist" letter from the GM legal department. All further Mallets dropped that badge

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Chuck had all the Pontiac badge View attachment 107727 s on the car modified as in the attached picture on the first 4 or 5 cars. He then received a "cease and desist" letter from the GM legal department. All further Mallets dropped that badge
Thanks for posting that information, learned something new today.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks Ken, #024 is still running well, I found a local shop to get the cruise control working again after I installed the Tremec 6-speed. As you suggested it worked in 4th & 5th gears just not 6th. It is straightened out now.

Thanks for posting the image of the early Arrowhead badge, I had heard of them but never saw a picture of one, so it was kinda a myth to me until today. Thanks again!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I picked up #197 in December 2019. Not original any longer as it has a 6.0L GM LS2 V8 in it, but it does only have 18,000 miles on it!

661 - 680 of 680 Posts