Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if a Dealer can legally sell a 1st 1000 car at GMS (employee pricing) within the EOP rules. I'm not talking about the employee pricing that is being offered to everyone on 2005 cars. I'm wondering about the GMS (employee) pricing for actual employees, retirees, family members, etc....who get the GMS pricing all the time. Lets take an example.

1st 1000 customer backs out of the deal with Dealer. Dealer now has 1st 1000 car available to sell as he wishes. Dealer has a long time (GM retiree) customer who has bought 50 cars from his dealership the last 25 years. Dealer feels generous & offers retiree the 1st 1000 car at GMS price. Is this legal according to the EOP rules?

Another example: 1st 1000 customer is a family member of GM retiree. Dealer lost a bet with customer which forces Dealer to now sell to family member at GMS pricing. Retirees & family were eligible to participate in the EOP program.

I have seen a 1st 1000 invoice - it does have a GMS price. The GMFamilyFirst website does show the Solstice as being available for GMS pricing, so it seems OK, but not sure of the rules.

The question is not whether a Dealer would actually do this - but whether they can if they choose to do so.

USA :willy:

·
5,641 Posts
Originally Posted by Pontiac EOP Rules
14. Incentive/Allowance Programs:
None. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders under this program are not eligible for any retail, Dealer or fleet incentives or allowances of any kind, or
for purchase or lease under the GM Employee Purchase Programs (including GMO, GMS, EVP and PEP), the Supplier Purchase Program, Driver
Education Program, GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, GM Enhanced Dealership Employee Program or GM Tourist Policy. In addition,
retired employee vouchers, Customer Assistance Center Goodwill certificates and GM Card points may not be used toward the purchase or lease of
one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders.
But what you are really asking, is it the Original Apprentice Registered Buyer or the 6Y00XXXX VIN car that is prohibited, or both?

I guess a dealer that finds themselves in that situation would have to ask several different Pontiac sources until they get enough simular answers that they feel comfortable which every way it falls.

My money is on the car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What about First Allocation vehicles? My company is a GM supplier, will the Solstice be available for GMS or Supplier pricing on regular allocation vehicles?

·
Registered
182 Posts
ojohnson said:
What about First Allocation vehicles? My company is a GM supplier, will the Solstice be available for GMS or Supplier pricing on regular allocation vehicles?
My dealer is doing it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
GMS Pricing

my order was accepted by Pontiac on May 12 at GMS price.

·
5,641 Posts
ojohnson said:
Currently 2006 models are eiligible for the GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS) and the GM Supplier Purchase Program. The Solstice is not excluded from the programs at this time. Just keep in mind that no regular allocation cars have been built, so there is no need to exclude them (if GM intends to do it) yet.

Big point to remember, both programs are voluntary. Dealerships do not have to accept them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts