Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. My dealer told me I was third in line for the orders to be picked up, which is good since they are only getting three in. However, they did have another who got into the first 1000. I'm wondering if the "1st 1000" are included in the allocation numbers or if they have nothing to do with it. Thanks!!! :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
EOP (first 1000) is above and beyond allocation...like a bonus.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
IF that EOP customer decides they don't want the car after delivery it WILL become part of the dealers normal allocation. Which means someone would have to take the car the EOP individual configured, or wait till 2nd round of allocation.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
IF that EOP customer decides they don't want the car after delivery it WILL become part of the dealers normal allocation. Which means someone would have to take the car the EOP individual configured, or wait till 2nd round of allocation.
Unfortunately, that is true. I hope nobody waiting for a regular allocation car gets bumped because of a deadbeat EOP buyer, but it is bound to happen. I understand the thinking behind it, to prevent dealers from ordering EOP cars with bogus buyers, then selling them to whoever walks in the door. However, someone is still bound to end up burned. I guess no process can be perfect.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
And since Irish is the last of the three allocation orders, that's the one that would get bumped. Technically, I think the dealer can then sell the car to anybody without limitations. However, I would certainly think if that happened, they would offer it to the guy who lost the allocation first. But I could see some greedy dealers slapping a big markup on it and offering it up or else funneling it to an insider once they get it. Oh well, I think the whole situation is highly unlikely. I doubt an EOP customer is going to decline once it gets to the dealer.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Irisheyes, I hope you get your ride before the end of July. Am still hoping the first 1,000 see ours by June 21st of this year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts