Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delnari said:
Exceptional News!
However, an acceleration plan is in place and over the next few weeks we expect more vehicles to ship. As previously communicated, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be delivered by the end October.

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team
I certainly hope the Solstice accelerates faster than GM's acceleration plan. :( 1000 cars in three months. That's only about 17 car a day if ya don't count week ends. I'm glad the EOP group are finally getting some movement on their orders, but even if they triple that rate, around 7000 of us are looking at 2006 deliveries. Of course I could be missing something. :lol: Optimism is not one of my strong points. Someone, please set me straight. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gmlinedog said:
That is the currant line speed.
Gmlinedog,
Thanks for the reply. I work in a startup facility building truck frames and understand it takes time to reach target production rates. The GM memo I quoted said 1000 by the end of October. They seem as pessimistic as me. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
That is the currant line speed.

Dog, if you are currently looking at 17/day, do you have any insight you can share as to when the "56 per day" will be reached...?

IF its "I can tell you, but I'd have to kill you"...thats okay too...thanks :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The "end of Oct" comment is GM covering their rear ends. They legally have to have them delivered by the end of Oct as part of the EOP program rules. So they say the end of Oct just incase it does take till the end of Oct.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My guess is with all the ads Pontiac is running about making the Summer 2005 delivery they are checking them once, checking them twice, I hope nobody has been naughty, and Pontiac will be nice :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
The "end of Oct" comment is GM covering their rear ends. They legally have to have them delivered by the end of Oct as part of the EOP program rules. So they say the end of Oct just incase it does take till the end of Oct.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Also we can assume Pontiac plans to have all 1000 EOP cars delivered before the end of Sept, because on the Pontiac.com website it says delivery of post-EOP Solstices begins in Sept 2005.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great work guys. That's the kinda input I wanted. I'm almost back to believing I'll be driving my Solstice by Christmas. :) Just needed a little shot of optimism. I appreciate the effort.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gmlinedog said:
After 26 yrs at GM I would still keep my fingers crossed !!
Notice I said "almost". :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Keep up the good work!

Gmlinedog said:
After 26 yrs at GM I would still keep my fingers crossed !!
Doesn't that make it hard to build cars, with yoru fingers crossed that is.

JUST to things in perspective, 17 cars per day is 4250 per year, that is not much less than the production output on the Lotus Elise!!!!!

And people asked why it costs twice as much as a Soltsice. It should be obvious, it's all those tea and crumpet breaks! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts