Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ordered our car in May with a verbal promise from the Sales Manager that we would get the car at MSRP. We were told that the dealer did not have the MSRP numbers (at the time of order) and that they would contact us when the pricing was available so that we could draft up a sales agreement. Well.......

Today is August 14th and the dealer has not contacted us with pricing. Is pricing now available to all dealers?

If so, what should we get from the dealer (e.g. sales agreement, contract, sales letter)???? Is there actually a dealer "term" for this pricing thing?

We did sign a sheet with the specifications of the car we ordered. No pricing on the sheet or mention of MSRP.

I just want to make sure I don't end up with a screwball deal.

·
5,641 Posts
Pricing has been available to Dealers since March 28th.

I would think a signed purchase agreement (whatever is called for in your state) with pricing would be in order.

Oh, and chrome wheels are now available to add to your order if you want. ($695 MSRP if you dealer can't find it)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why - Why - Why do Dealers Jack Around??

Since pricing was available in March and I ordered in May but dealer says he doesn't have pricing........ a couple questions come to mind:

1. Is the dealer trying to jack me around some how?

2. Could this large dealer ship (Sales Manager) be this untrained to not know pricing is available? Or how to find pricing for Chrome Wheels?

3. Anyone else have a 1st Allocation order without pricing?

·
5,641 Posts
1) Hard to say.

2a) Yes, it appears from posts that many dealerships were waiting for pricing to become available in the "AutoBook" order system. In fact Pontiac had to send out two messages to remind dealers that the pricing could be found in the GM Pricing section of their web portal GM Dealerworld.

2b) Chrome wheel pricing was only announced last week.

3) There haven't been many posts lately, but you starting this thread should bring them out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pricing Available in Autobook

Can dealers get pricing from two places; Autobook and portal in GM Dealerworld?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:

actually we get pricing first in GM pricing portal of GM dealerworld, but it is vague (you have to do research yourself, as the salesman, to find options in some packages, etc...) Pricing was available, as SD said, on March 28. when Dreamweaver walked into my door on april 15th, I had my pricing sheet right there.

·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
Along with Salesman price books available for subscription from outside vendors and salesman pocket product book price supplements purchased from GM.

AutoBook is the simplest because it will print everything out and add it all up.

Dealerworld pricing is harder because it involves hand writting the price and using an adding machine and calculator. And as cadillacricket hints, it involves knowing something about the product your are pricing.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
If all else fails go to KBB or carpoint and print out the prices from there. They should be able to find it in GM systems now. Earlier on many dealers could not find the prices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll Give It a Try

mceb said:
If all else fails go to KBB or carpoint and print out the prices from there. They should be able to find it in GM systems now. Earlier on many dealers could not find the prices.
"They should...." Doesn't sound very positive to me.

I guess I'll give it a try and ask the dealer to give me a price on the car I ordered in May. I'm sure I'll get the standard "pricing is not yet available" line :brentil: and I'll have to kindly ask them to dig a little deeper in their system.

Man, I can't believe buying a car is this difficult. The car has already been spec'd, all I would like to have is a final price. What I am really wanting to do is 1. get the final price and 2. avoid any kind of dealer "Add Ons".

Sounds like a sales game to me. :(

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
My wife and I are second on our dealers first 4 month allocation. We too placed our order back in April. At that time we were told that pricing for all options was not 100% available, but the price would be around $25,000. It is now August, our order was supposedly picked up last week (don't know for sure thought because we haven't called yet), and we have yet to get anything formal in the way of pricing. Maybe we should get more on top of it, but while we are excited about this car, my wife has no problem walking away if something goes wrong. In her words, "It's just a car. A very cool car, but it's just a car." So hopefully that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1st Allocation - Negotiate Now

Bonzo said:
My wife and I are second on our dealers first 4 month allocation. We too placed our order back in April. At that time we were told that pricing for all options was not 100% available, but the price would be around $25,000. It is now August, our order was supposedly picked up last week (don't know for sure thought because we haven't called yet), and we have yet to get anything formal in the way of pricing. Maybe we should get more on top of it, but while we are excited about this car, my wife has no problem walking away if something goes wrong. In her words, "It's just a car. A very cool car, but it's just a car." So hopefully that doesn't happen.
Yes, the "around $25k" response is what I keep getting from my dealer. I wouldn't be too worried myself about the price execpt we have a $1k non-refundable deposit on the car. Sure would hate to walk away from $1k.

I'm just afraid the price will jump from "around $25k" to "well, when we ordered your car, the pricing wasn't available and we gave you our best guess. Now with all things included your investment in this fine roadster will only be $28K, oh, plus the standard tax, licensing, etc. Actually, for $30,500, you can be driving today! And besides, do you really want to walk away from $1k when you could have this car for a measly $33.00 per month more?"

I can see it now..... :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
valsman said:
What is the MSRP for loaded, everything but XM radio?
Ball park, around 25k. For the exact figure I'd have to hit carpoint or KBB.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
The price is $24,741 no XM no On/Star

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Venom

:willy:

Mine is exactly the same color and trim - dealer did mention something about selling it above MSRP, but no details yet. $2000 refundable deposit put down on mine - I could walk away if the deal gets skewed, but my wife would knee-cap me if I did.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
Yes, the "around $25k" response is what I keep getting from my dealer. I wouldn't be too worried myself about the price execpt we have a $1k non-refundable deposit on the car. Sure would hate to walk away from $1k.

I'm just afraid the price will jump from "around $25k" to "well, when we ordered your car, the pricing wasn't available and we gave you our best guess. Now with all things included your investment in this fine roadster will only be $28K, oh, plus the standard tax, licensing, etc. Actually, for $30,500, you can be driving today! And besides, do you really want to walk away from $1k when you could have this car for a measly $33.00 per month more?"

Oh don't be so negitive. I'm not sure if your actually worried about the price or just trying to create conversation. The MSRP is the MSRP. You agreed to MSRP and that can't be changed no matter how long it takes the dealer to get it to you. If you really need it now, walk in there and get it. They have it. If your just wondering.....go to kbb.com and do a print out. Any way you look at it the price will be around 25 nicely equipped. If it was me, 23, 24 ,25K it doesnt matter.....I'm buying it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:

Non-refundable deposit? We do that on rental properties, and still give the money back. Non-refundable on a car that won't sit very long if you don't take it? Sounds scammish to me. Besides even Edmunds has pricing and HAS had it since April. Nothing has changed, yet. But a simple dealer signed affirmation that you are paying not a dime more than MSRP (plus tax, tags and title, can't get away with everything) would put you at ease. That said, you can see that it is tough to break the 25k barrier with a loaded Sol at this point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts