Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the following email......

MALLETT HAS COMPLETED THE FIRST SOLSTICE V8 CONVERSION. #1 OF 100 WILL BE UNVEILED AT THE SEMA SHOW THIS YEAR AT THE LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER, NOVEMBER 1ST - 4TH, 2005.
VISIT US AT VORTECH'S BOOTH #22853.

PICTURES OF THIS ROADSTER WILL FOLLOW PRIOR TO LOADING FOR THE SEMA SHOW TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2005. SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN INQUIRING ABOUT OUR LATEST CONVERSION, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR.

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR THE LATEST UPDATES OFFERED TO OUR PREFERRED CUSTOMERS. QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED, REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY OFFERING 100 CONVERSIONS FOR THE 2006 MODEL.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?? DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION. VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.MALLETTCARS.COM WHICH WILL BE UPDATED WITH THE MOST CURRENT NEWS AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE SOLSTICE UPON RETURN FROM SEMA.

SEE YOU THERE - OR WE'LL CHAT ONLINE!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I have a feeling the Solstice is going to have an overall BIG showing at SEMA. The Mallett V8, whatever other aftermarket companies are working on, whatever GM has been planning to show up with! (Hey, last year they were supposed to have a SEMA Solstice and then pulled it, who knows what they might have done since then!)

:cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
cdb said: "terpfan- is this your car?"

check out this 07/14 link when terp announced his would be at the show:

' http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109077' #21

The link was started by delnari announcing that his would be there:
' http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109077' #1

·
Registered
352 Posts
Did they change the tranny thats only rated to hp and tq ratings in stock form for about 250hp/250lb/ft?

I think swapping in the LS2 v8 is cool but the trannys the weak link...

I look forward to the ls1/tranny swaps done at home in the years to come on 3 year old solstices picked up pretty inexpensively...

3g's for the motor? 2 grand for the tranny? 13 grand for the car...3 grand for the kit? 2 grand for the labor?

Total cost? 23 grand? and thats a high estimate...

40 grand for a V8 solstice with stock tranny in a brand new conversion? I don't think the tranny/differential will hold up but its just a guess.

Good to see these conversions beginning.....and I hope I'm wrong on the stock drivetrain durability.... and stock radiator cooling capability for a V8.

·
5,600 Posts
I need to see this car. How does a civillian get into SEMA? :willy:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
jimbo: from the SEMA website: "SEMA Show is a trade-only show open to qualified businesses."

Darn, I needed an excuse to go to Las Vegas. Guess I'll have to find another one!

·
Registered
214 Posts
There are going to be some wild Solstices at SEMA this year. I was checking one out yesterday (not ours). Look for FI, big brakes, suspension mods, body kits, engine conversions and more. Should be a good year at SEMA for GM. I can't wait to check 'em out.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
jimbo: from the SEMA website: "SEMA Show is a trade-only show open to qualified businesses."

Darn, I needed an excuse to go to Las Vegas. Guess I'll have to find another one!

If SEMA is anything like NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants, which I am a member), you can get into the expo as a guest. You need a hook-up from a friend in the biz.

At NAMM, people had different colored badges.

BLUE (Buyer/Salesman/Owner)
RED (Seller)
GREEN (Media)
YELLOW (Guest)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I like yellow! I can wear yellow! May I have a yellow please? :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I like yellow! I can wear yellow! May I have a yellow please? :)

That is assuming the SEMA show is anything like the NAMM show.

Eventhough I work for a retailer and do buying/sales... I purposely got a guest badge, because that way you don't get bothered with "Hey, buy this product... buy this product. you know you want our product, etc..."

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
When they have a W-16, THEN I'll be impressed.

:lol:
Do you recall the U-8 that Olds was going to build from 2 Iron Dukes?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I frequently see SEMA membership application in automotive magazines. I do not believe it states you must be in the automotive field to join. You would think if you are a SEMA member you'd be allowed into the SEMA show. Anyone know for sure?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts