Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

301 - 320 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Thanks for the quick note. Where do you recommend getting some silicone hoses? PM if you need to.
I would start with replacing the snug tight clamps with T-bolt ones. The higher boost will loosen them up and sometimes blow them apart, especially near the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If I order a new ECM from GM to send off for a tune (while keeping car running with orig ECM), my understanding is they will ask for my VIN#. Does that mean I will be targeted by their computer system for future potential warranty issues. Besides the convenience of having the two tunes, part of the value would be keeping the tune "secret" from GM by putting in original before service. Any of the tuners or members have experience or thoughts on this.
Order from GM Parts Direct. I don't think you'll need to give them a VIN.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I would start with replacing the snug tight clamps with T-bolt ones. The higher boost will loosen them up and sometimes blow them apart, especially near the throttle body.
I'll do that. Thanks much.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I'll do that. Thanks much.
I was able to get some good ones at Verocious Motorsports. They ship really quickly...search for them on google since I can't really list the site here...they're not a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yup, it happened to me.

After installing the T-Bolt clamps, I maintain a consistent boost of about 20psi and second gear usually squeals the tires during WOT! :lol:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hey Mena, there in Rosemand you should be able to find someone local that sales the silicone. Here in Utah we have Evco House of Hose with a number of locations. Call places that sell compressor hoses/fittings.

Don't get the shiny silicone hoses; get the hoses that have a stepped texture. They hold up better and grip the clamps much better. I bought 16" for about $20.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just a friendly reminder, make sure you all upgrade your clamps! You'll need (4) 2.75" T-Bolt clamps, (2) 3.5" T-Bolt clamps. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, anyone want to double-check those sizes for me? The (4) smaller clamps are for the intercooler/charge pipes and the 3.5s are for the throttle body elbow. My boost was leaking at the throttle body.
I'd like to state that 3.5" T-Bolt Clamps are TOO BIG :(

Should I go one or two steps lower?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
where exactly is the ecm so i can remove it

It is under the hood, right behind the driver side front tire wheel well. It is tucked up against the fender and you can see the two wiring harness connectors on the top of it that you pull up the latches to disconnect the wiring.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thanks will send it of on monday. does the fender have to come off

·
Administrator
9,240 Posts
thanks will send it of on monday. does the fender have to come off
Nope! Its really easy .. follow the "how to" that I linked for you and you'll have it out in no time! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'd like to state that 3.5" T-Bolt Clamps are TOO BIG :(

Should I go one or two steps lower?
Just found a post about the hose clamps. Here's what you need:

4 each
Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamps #SSTBC-X Size - 288-For 2.50 in ID cplr

2 each
Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamps #SSTBC-X Size - 312-For 2.75 in ID cplr

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Bryan,
Any report on the Upgrade turbo wheel tune?.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bump for report.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi,
We are not a reseller for Wester tunes like some others. We develop and write our own tunes and are a direct competitor.
Thanks,
Bryan
That was very diplomatic - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Bryan any update on the tune for the larger turbo wheel?.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
It looks like the weather tomorrow is going to be good, any chance to get to the Upgraded turbo wheel tune?.

301 - 320 of 349 Posts