Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

341 - 349 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just read all 23 pages over the last hour or so. Quick question as I forgot the earlier pages already. I presume this tune voids the warranty? The GM tune is the only tune that doesn't?

By the way, this is an unbelievable deal and thanks to all you who have shared your knowledge. I am trying to soak up as much info as possible and you guys have a ton of it. I think I may be more confused now than before I access this site a week ago.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just read all 23 pages over the last hour or so. Quick question as I forgot the earlier pages already. I presume this tune voids the warranty? The GM tune is the only tune that doesn't?

I bought an extra ECM and had that tuned. If the car goes in for any service work that involves the engine then I just pop the original ECM back in. ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts

I bought an extra ECM and had that tuned. If the car goes in for any service work that involves the engine then I just pop the original ECM back in. ;)
I have thought about that idea as well. If the extra ecm and this tune is less than the GM tune then that will be my choice when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have thought about that idea as well. If the extra ecm and this tune is less than the GM tune then that will be my choice when the time comes.
I spotted an ECM for the GXP on Ebay a couple of weeks past. It looked like it went pretty cheap. The seller claimed it was OEM and the brand was Bosch. The one I purchased from a dealer was also a Bosch. Maybe that can help you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You are on the right track with this option. You can purchase a new ECM from gmpartsdirect.com for about $350 delivered. It takes less than one minute to swap out the ECMs. Another bonus is if you need an update down the road or if you develop any sort of issue with the custom tune, you can drop in the factory ECM and your car is never off the road.
Additionally, I am sure as these cars get older, there will be some resale value to the extra ECM when you decide to sell your solstice to recoop some of the extra upfront cost.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fantastic tune and price.
Worked beautifully right out of the box and support was fantastic. Best money I've spent on the car hands down.

Thanks Bryan!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree the tune is simply amazing. I cant believe the difference. I ran a 13.1 at 109 with only a 2.28 60 ft. the car is definitely in the 12's I just have to figure out how to keep it from bogging off the line. The No Lift Shift is amazing. Launch control works great on the street but bogs on the track. I was wondering if there is any work on cracking the GM stage 2 tune like westers has done so the possibility for larger turbos and high boost down the road would be possible? Great customer support and I will definitely recommend you to all kappa owners I meet. Looking forward to working with you again once I get my exhaust and intercooler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another bump for a fantastic tuner supporting our board.

This is my 2nd tune with PCMforLess and again I am blown away.
1) The price is ridiculous and you compromise nothing.
2) The performance is phenomenal, I will never drive my GXP stock again.
3) The support and knowledge of Byran is amazing.

I was somewhat reluctant to purchase a tune initially, and did a large amount of research on the subject over the course of several months. Before buying from PCM4Less, I spent a good deal of Bryan's time asking mind numbing questions and what I'm sure most other places would consider extremely annoying questions. He answered everything I needed in detail and very quickly...even better, after the purchase his continued support was fantastic.

I realize I'm beginning to rant now, but after having a poor experience with another tuner, I cannot say enough about the quality and service offered by these guys. Certainly check them out, you won't be disappointed.

341 - 349 of 349 Posts