Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a P0010 code, read the background, looks like a no-brainer and simple fix. BUT...

My sensors have the connectors coming straight off the top (first pic.) Everything I see available shows the connectors making a 90 degree turn directly away from the mount hole (second pic.)

This would place the connectors turned toward each other and in direct conflict with the head, wouldn't it?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bout. That's what I thought but every "parts store" I went to and searched by year, make, etc. let me to the one I pictured above.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Those are not the right ones then. I got mine off Amazon.
Genuine GM 12655420 Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F675VI8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lCIjDb41SB91J

Genuine GM 12655421 Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F675WNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6CIjDbJX1ZCCQ

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks bout. That's what I thought but every "parts store" I went to and searched by year, make, etc. let me to the one I pictured above.
Those links are to the solenoid valves, but your post is asking about the sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
John is right, you were asking for a cam position sensor, but put up a picture of the actuator. since you said something about the p0010 I knew that's what you were looking for

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but a search on "camshaft position sensor" kept bringing up the actuators!

Thanks again, and as always, for the help and clarification.

·
Registered
335 Posts
your issue is more than likely the accuators, thats what the cam shaft position sensor is telling you....not that the sessor is bad but that it is sensing the cam isant addvancing/retarding as it is told to do. witch is the accuators job to do. the accuators are about $22 on flebay. the sensors are about $18 for the gm unit, on sensors I will do the gm stuff, for the accuators....I doubt it matters.I got the $22 ones off flebay with the life time warranty, and I got a china sensor thatw asent working right,,,,I get a gm sensor for about $16, but the oe one is doing fine. with the codes sometimes you have to think ahead or backwards of what it is trying to tell you. ....it's telloing your sensor...well the sensor is reading right but the reading is rong....so not the sensor, but rather what should be making the sensor read right...the accuator. as it is what gets the signal; from the computer to addvance/retard the cam.and the sensor tells the computer what it has done...if it has done nothing....you get the sensor code. kinda like a woman...hard to figure out sometimes...ok Im rong , it's all the time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
the sensors are at the rear side of the heads.about a inch below the valve cover on the right and left side of the head,10 mm bolt and they slide out.then disconnect the wire when you get the sensor to where you can do it.... but I would change the accuators first, since they do have a habbet of going south when your headed north..it added possiably 20 hp or more to my car.witch i was happy to see since it was a slug of a turn when I bought it..witch i just thought was GM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts